• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parking Garage Rally Circuit

John Bilbo

Retro Arcade Rally Racing... in Parking Garages?!? Precision driving with tight simple controls and arcade physics, all in a Sega Saturn style presentation.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

I've been playing racers like Daytona USA and Sega Rally this summer. I just found out about this game and decided to test the demo on Steam. While the gameplay is more alike a karting game with the drift and boost, the game focuses on time trialing which is the staple of rally games.

I'm very impressed with the demo. The way the game handles the time trial ghosts of other people and yourself makes it very addicting. The races are short and as you see the ghosts you know you can just try one more time and improve your time.

There is also a playtest available and the developer seems to be active on the Steam discussion forum about the game.

John Bilbo

After playing the demo and the playtest I'd say play the demo first to get a feel for the game and see the time trial ghosts working more clearly.

Then if you get hooked and want to see more tracks in the game try the playtest. The playtest does not have nearly as many player ghosts at the moment though so the experience is a bit gimped.

El Muerto

Is the playtest over? This demo was fun as fuck. Definitely buying this. Really does feel like a Saturn game you brought home when you were a kid.

John Bilbo

Is the playtest over? This demo was fun as fuck. Definitely buying this. Really does feel like a Saturn game you brought home when you were a kid.
It should still be up. I just played it for quite a while last night.

I got into the playtest immediately just by clicking the request button on the Steam page.

Top Bottom