• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pee Wee Football Team Kicked Out Of League After Sneaking In Grown Man As Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Pee Wee Football Team Kicked Out Of League After Sneaking In Grown Man As Player

The founder of a Rhode Island youth football team has been expelled from his league after the coach of that team put a grown man into a game against 13 and 14-year-old players.

CvnbVUhVUAQkxSY.jpg

Capital City Buccaneers founder Alexandra Diaz says she had stepped away from the Sunday game in Scituate when the coach let the young man believed to be at least 18 take part in several plays before getting kicked out.

“We noticed his arm tattoos, facial hair,” one parent told WPRO. “Not like a normal 8th grade student.”

WJAR-TV reports the Providence team had been losing when the incident occurred. Parents spotted the man suit up on the sideline.

Diaz says the coach took full responsibility and has been fired. She says the varsity team has been stripped of the remainder of their season.

Voras

Arm tattoos and facial hair? Really? If you're going to cheat you could at least try to be a little subtle.

FyreWulff

This reminds me of when we tried to play intramural football in middle school and the teacher would let the high school seniors come over and play on his son's team

We literally just said "we're done here" and went home.

louiedog

I played Jr Varsity basketball and there was a team with a supposed 9th grader who, no joke, was 6'4", probably 230 lbs of muscle, and had as full a beard as any adult I've ever met. If you saw him on the street you'd assume he was 28.

louiedog

Greg Oden?

I had to look him up.

Yeah, like that, except this kid wasn't very good at basketball. He didn't score much, but he was immovable and kept our points down. It was a small semi-rural school and they didn't even have a regular size court so he basically just ran back and forth and very effectively got in our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom