• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark and Turok available now on Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion

Banjo64

cumsessed
image-11-1280x725.jpg

Incoming laughing emojis but the interesting takeaway is the introduction of the ‘Mature’ N64 app in the West from today. I’m guessing they won’t touch Conker with a barge pole, but I suppose this leaves the door open to speculation.

Another Rareware game, we’re definitely going to see the full catalogue over time which is a great thing.

Emedan

Haha man it's such a Nintendo thing to have the Mature games behind their own N64 app on your console. Didn't runt too bad from what I tried

thatJohann

ew they kind of run shitty especially perfect dark. Tons of slowdown whenever there’s explosions

Also those terrible controls are so hard to get back to. Total clusterfuck trying to reconfigure.

Last edited:
When I saw PD come up I knew it was going to get the online treatment like GoldenEye, IMO that's fire. I don't even like PD as much as GE (I know, rare breed I guess), but I still enjoy it mostly. Online co-op then? I love these old games getting online enhanced features like this even though I'm not the biggest multiplayer fan. They do really, REALLY need random matchmaking though.

Are these the N64 versions of these games or the remasters?
64 Rom should be.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Turok, eh? It's good to see the Nintendo Online library expand with more mature and notable titles, but you'd never choose to play the N64 version if you can play the strong Nightdive remaster instead (albeit that's $20 on Switch, and free is better if you are a subscriber.)

Would have been nice if they instead had jumped straight to Turok; Rage Wars, since that's apparently doubtful for a remaster.

Last edited:

nkarafo

If it's emulating the N64, you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be horrible!
NSO is not an accurate N64 emulator though which makes is very easy to mess with the timings in RARE games and make them run smooth enough. That's something you can do in older PC emulators for decades now.

Bond007

Wish they would atleast update the controls.
I really cant enjoy how this and Goldeneye came out. Not enjoyable

tkscz

Only thing I have to say about this is he's CLEARLY using an emulator for the N64 footage but he's still right about all the issues the emulation on NSO has.

And it's not the Switch hardware itself, people have hacked their switches and Mupen and P64 run just fine, Nintendo is just really bad at emulating the higher end N64 games.

Top Bottom