• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plague Tale 3 maybe hinted at for a reveal?

cormack12

Gold Member
Previous strong link of PT3 hiring

From r/gamingleaksandrumours

Requiem begins with D minor

s-l1200.webp

Kurotri

Its a bit too early no? Last game came out like a year ago
October 2022 my man. They can easily reveal the sequel now for a 2025 release.

I loved both games though they have their problems. I wonder what direction they'll go with the third game, as we need new characters and probably a different setting. Maybe something outside of Europe or a more modern setting.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Its a bit too early no? Last game came out like a year ago
There wasn't a huge gap between the 1st and the 2nd game too.

I mean, the fact that the next game is in development was basically confirmed after a few weeks since Requiem launched, but it's good to see more hints.

If anyone here has played, finished the game and watched the credits to the end, they'd know that this next game could be very different and a lot more ambitious than the last two.

We'll probably get an official teaser at the game "awards" this year, but if not... given the fact that what they need to do is not as simple this time around (I'm trying not to spoil things), it can probably take more time, so late 2025 / early-mid 2026 release.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The sequel ended with a major tease for a next game, so it would not be surprising at all. But it just feels too quick, the last game came out just over a year ago ?

Metnut

I’m hoping for a prequel set during emperor Justinian’s reign and we get to spend some time in Constantinople, or at least a ruined Rome during the Byzantine/Gothic war.

Reactions: Fbh

Fbh

Would be cool though I hope they make some bigger changes to either the setting or gameplay. Maybe a substantial time skip or even a prequel.

While I enjoyed the first 2, the idea of a third game that's basically just more of the same again doesn't particularly excite game

solidus12

The sequel ended with a major tease for a next game, so it would not be surprising at all. But it just feels too quick, the last game came out just over a year ago ?
Indeed, that ending suggests that the next installment might take place in present day.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Indeed, that ending suggests that the next installment might take place in present day.
It's not just might, it most surely will, but the whole game won't take place in present day and the answer as to why is in the last few dozen of minutes of the game before the end credits.

Top Bottom