• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Free Games for November

jaysius

Banned
Nioh is a great get for a Plus game. The really bad thing about Nioh that it didn't get shit on for for some reason is they DLC Gated difficulty levels and thus better loot modifiers, it was pretty egregious bu they were given a free pass.

I played Outlast 1 via the Plus or some other program, it wasn't great mostly hype and bad gameplay. I read reviews that said Outlast 2 wasn't great.

DanielsM

Banned
tenor.gif

Fbh

Nioh is great but since I already own it it doesn't give me any reason to not let my subscription run out in early december.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Fuck.. i goth both games... even NioH i got it in Japanese limited edition the GOTY with all DLC in Disc. so this version is inferior to me.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Pretty good, shame I choose gold and game pass over ps+, I can't justify 2 mp subscriptions.

Mista

Banned
I hope this means we'll get Nioh 2 launch date soon.
Wish granted

TheUsual

Gold Member
Sweet. I may turn on my PS4 to try nioh.
Does it run at 30fps?
You can set to Action Mode to get 60fps gameplay. Believe it only displays at 720p though in this mode.
Movie Mode runs at locked 30fps at a higher resolution.

Not sure if this is for Pro and/or standard PS

EDIT: This link should help people with the explanation on the options

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Held off Nioh for a while now. Glad its here but I have so much to play. Add to library and it can fill one of the drought windows.

Fbh

Never finished Sekiro because of difficulty, couldn't get past his dad. How does Nioh compare?

Overall easier since some of the most challenging parts (at least of the core game) are optional.
Also one of the talismans (which sort of work like magic in the Souls games) is OP as a fuck and turns most bosses into a joke. It's called the sloth talisman and it allows you to massively slow down enemies (including bosses) for a little while.

The DLC was harder and I found some fights challenging even when I decided to use the sloth talisman. Though I found them hard in an annoying way (hyper fast bosses that do massive damage and have almost infinite poise)

Last edited:

June

I enjoyed Outlast 1 so I'm willing to give 2 a try.

I can't be assed with a difficult Bloodborne-like game to be honest so I won't be playing that anytime soon.

Okay month.

Javthusiast

Banned
Outlast isn't for me cause I am a horror game wuss, these types of horor games, resident evil ones I am totally fine with. Nioh though is a really nice get, always wanted to play it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
amazing

i was so tempted to play through Nioh again on PC the other day. but i had just gotten a PS4 Pro. now it looks like i'm going to have to play through it on that instead... =)

Last edited:

KàIRóS

Someone somewhere is getting fed up of Soulslike games after playing them for 3 consecutive months (The Surge 2, Code Vein and now Nioh) good thing I've already played them and enjoyed them all myself.

ethomaz

Banned
Not bad.

I found Outlast interesting but boring at the same time... there is nothing to do... it is basically a walking simulator... you just walk without any action.
The story is interesting so you keep walking forward.

Nioh I never played so I will give it a try.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nioh is a great get for a Plus game. The really bad thing about Nioh that it didn't get shit on for for some reason is they DLC Gated difficulty levels and thus better loot modifiers, it was pretty egregious bu they were given a free pass.

Difficulty levels were added with the accompanying patches for the DLC but I'm pretty sure you don't actually need the DLC zones themselves. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure you can get any pieces from the new areas via revenant (dead player graves) npc drops.

The only thing that caused controversy was that they down-capped players who had exceeded the maximum permitted range in the new level cap by difficulty arrangement. An issue mitigated by the fact that the patches added features and new fights to all areas, and they introduced (and gave to those affected) re-spec items for xp and experience trees.

The DLC for Nioh is absolutely top-notch though. And it should be noted is pitched at a much higher difficulty level than the base for ng+.

Psy-Phi

Patience has finally paid off!

I've been hoping, since it was released, that Nioh would become a free game on one of the subscription's I pay for. Let's see if I get to it in the next year. It's probably only a matter of time before Humble Bundle gets it now. Time will tell if I even get to Nioh on PS4 before then...

Last edited:

NeroDaGod

How's Outlast compared to the first one I played the first one and quite enjoyed it even though the ending was a bit meh.

Got Nioh when it was like £10 on sale last year with all DLC etc. Great game!

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Nioh is kicking my butt. Anyone got any tips for the second boss Onryoki? He’s the one on a boat after escaping a burning village.

Hostile_18

Banned
How's Outlast compared to the first one I played the first one and quite enjoyed it even though the ending was a bit meh.

Got Nioh when it was like £10 on sale last year with all DLC etc. Great game!

I enjoyed it just as much as the first one and Whitleblower dlc.

GermanZepp

Gold Member
Nioh is kicking my butt. Anyone got any tips for the second boss Onryoki? He’s the one on a boat after escaping a burning village.

I defeated that dude a couple of days ago. When he slam the ball forward you walk/run thru the side and get behind him, nail a couple of hits (never get greedy) and block/dodge the spinning attack, take distance. Repeat.

For the second part you dodge the two balls throwing, ( you can shoot an arrow when he is lifting those but timing is tight) bait him into a slam attack, hit once, take distance. Repeat.

That was my strategy. Very safe but slow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom