• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project xCloud streaming tech is coming to Xbox Game Pass in 2020

nikolino840

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (505 Games)
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (505 Games)
  • theHunter: Call of the Wild (Avalanche Studios)
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Bandai Namco)
  • Rad (Bandai Namco)
  • Soulcalibur VI (Bandai Namco)
  • Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Bandai Namco)
  • Tekken 7 (Bandai Namco)
  • WRC 7 (Bigben Interactive)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (Capcom)
  • F1 2019 (Codemasters)
  • For the King (Curve Digital)
  • Absolver (Devolver Digital)
  • Madden NFL 20 (Electronic Arts)
  • Vermintide 2 (Fatshark Games)
  • Vampyr (Focus Home Interactive)
  • Conan Exiles (Funcom)
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (Funcom)
  • Hitman (IO Interactive)
  • Mark of the Ninja: Remastered (Klei Entertainment)
  • Dead Island: Definitive Edition (Koch Media)
  • TERA (KRAFTON)
  • World War Z (Mad Dog Games LLC)
  • Black Desert Online (Pearl Abyss)
  • Sniper Elite 4 (Rebellion)
  • Puyo Puyo Champions (SEGA)
  • Just Cause 4 (Square Enix)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Square Enix)
  • World of Final Fantasy Maxima (Square Enix)
  • ARK: Survival Evolved (Studio Wildcard)
  • Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Take-Two Interactive)
  • WWE 2K20 (Take-Two Interactive)
  • Overcooked! (Team17)
  • Yoku’s Island Express (Team17)
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar (THQ Nordic)
  • Darksiders 3 (THQ Nordic)
  • Hello Neighbor (tinyBuild)
  • Subnautica (Unknown Worlds)
  • World of Tanks: Mercenaries (Wargaming)
  • World of Warships: Legends (Wargaming)
  • Crackdown 3 (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Gears 5 (Xbox Game Studios, già disponibile su Project xCloud)
  • Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox Game Studios, già disponibile su Project xCloud)
  • Halo Wars 2 (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Killer Instinct (Xbox Game Studios, già disponibile su Project xCloud)
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox Game Studios)
  • ReCore: Definitive Edition (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Studios, già disponibile su Project xCloud)
  • State of Decay 2 (Xbox Game Studios)
  • The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut (Xbox Game Studios)

FeldMonster

Can't wait for Xcloud. I was worried that I would be forced to sign up for GamePass to get XCloud. It looks like I can get it separately, unless I am mistaken.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Stupid question as I havent been keeping up with xcloud but is it essentially the same offering as Stadia (besides the fact there will be more games!!)?

Ryu Kaiba

“In 2020 we will enable gamers to stream from the cloud Xbox games that they already own or will purchase,” writes Choundry. “We will also add game streaming from the cloud to Xbox Game Pass. Gamers will be free to discover, choose, and play their favorite games anywhere and everywhere.”
Funny that I can hear Phil Spencers voice as I read this.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Wait... XCloud now includes GamePass?
So it's no longer just for streaming your console?

Can I basically bypass having an xbox console all together, and stream GP games on my phone, for example?

Kagey K

Banned

Can I basically bypass having an xbox console all together, and stream GP games on my phone, for example?
It’s always been that way, we just didn’t know how the monetization of it would go.

And yes you could play a ton of console games without owning a single console or PC. (if you wanted to)

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Yes. If it’s a game on Gamepass (all of them soon if they keep going like this). It will be free to Gamepass subscribers on xCloud.
Amazing. I'm already set with Gamepass ultimate til March 2021. So hopefully I can stream from XCloud before that. Amazing I can do this at no extra cost, unlike Stadia. That's how it should be.

Kagey K

Banned
Amazing. I'm already set with Gamepass ultimate til March 2021. So hopefully I can stream from XCloud before that. Amazing I can do this at no extra cost, unlike Stadia. That's how it should be.
TBH, once Stadia builds up enough games they could offer a subscription package similar, just right now it seems like nobody is porting games over to it.

The 2 packages start looking similar if you can imagine Google with 1000 console games.

its_Ditz

That sounds awesome. I own a Surface Pro and while I do not care about gaming on a PC, there are titles like Forza Horizon 4 which would be great to be able to run every once in a while for casual play.
I´m really looking forward to trying it out.... In 2021 I guess as I´m in Europe lol

Kagey K

Banned
That sounds awesome. I own a Surface Pro and while I do not care about gaming on a PC, there are titles like Forza Horizon 4 which would be great to be able to run every once in a while for casual play.
I´m really looking forward to trying it out.... In 2021 I guess as I´m in Europe lol
Sounds like when it launches next year it launches everywhere. They are just testing it first, and UK is one of those initial tests. So Europe should be well covered.

TLZ

Banned
TBH, once Stadia builds up enough games they could offer a subscription package similar, just right now it seems like nobody is porting games over to it.

The 2 packages start looking similar if you can imagine Google with 1000 console games.
Imo they should've done that from the start to get as many people in. Just look at all the $1 subs MS are giving away to get people in. You need that at the beginning to get everyone hooked.

Kagey K

Banned
Imo they should've done that from the start to get as many people in. Just look at all the $1 subs MS are giving away to get people in. You need that at the beginning to get everyone hooked.
They tried at first. Gamepass 2 years ago isn’t the same as it is now. It took time for them to build it, and they had to make a couple policy changes.

I know for me Gamepass offered very little when it launched because I already owned it all, now I have a reason to subscribe, and MS saw that opportunity.

Elenchus

Banned
So now GamePass and PSNow will both have the same set of features?

No. PS Now only allows streaming to a PS4 or a windows PC. No other devices.

Qqk87ao.png

PS Remote Play allows streaming to a broader variety of devices but it’s only in-home streaming because the device has to be connected to the same wifi network as the PS4.

6wJwyss.png

Sony would need to combine these two services to equal what MS will offer on Xcloud and Gamepass.

FranXico

No. PS Now only allows streaming to a PS4 or a windows PC. No other devices.

Qqk87ao.png

PS Remote Play allows streaming to a broader variety of devices but it’s only in-home streaming because the device has to be connected to the same wifi network as the PS4.

6wJwyss.png

Sony would need to combine these two services to equal what MS will offer on Xcloud and Gamepass.
Yes.

Although I was pretty sure I already used Remote Play over the internet. Not sure if only PS3 or also PS4.

Last edited:

CeeJay

Looks like the penny is beginning to drop with a lot of people about where MS and Xbox are headed. All this shouldn't come as a surprise really, MS have been talking about this for years, it's not been a secret...

Elenchus

Banned
Yes.

Although I was pretty sure I already used Remote Play over the internet. Not sure if only PS3 or also PS4.

Well I included the captures because there appears to be a great deal of confusion over what Sony currently offers (even among the Sony faithful-which suggests that most just don’t use these services).

PS Now is limited by device and only allows you to download some games. Remote Play is in-home only. Sony does not have a cohesive service right now and Stadia is a train wreck.

Looks like MS had the better foresight on this idea and is just better positioned.

This is going to be bad ass for trying games. Not having to download a huge game just to play an hour or two will be fantastic. Not to mention, it appears it will have an app for Samsung TVs.

Last edited:

CeeJay

What makes you think Nintendo would approve of something like that. No chance in hell they're gonna let a competitor cannibalize there business like that.
It could be good for both Nintendo and Microsoft and could actually bump Switch sales. If MS give Nintendo a cut to sweeten the deal as well then it's not entirely out of the question. There wouldn't be much overlap between games on Xcloud and games on Switch natively and they could even put something in place to block games from the service that are available to buy on Switch. To outright dismiss it is a bit short-sighted.

FireFly

What makes you think Nintendo would approve of something like that. No chance in hell they're gonna let a competitor cannibalize there business like that.
Well it works both ways. It brings Nintendo gamers into the Xbox microsystem, but it also brings Microsoft gamers into the Nintendo microsystem. And Microsoft can give Nintendo a share of the extra revenue they make, based on the usage statistics.

Edit: Beaten

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

It could be good for both Nintendo and Microsoft and could actually bump Switch sales. If MS give Nintendo a cut to sweeten the deal as well then it's not entirely out of the question. There wouldn't be much overlap between games on Xcloud and games on Switch natively and they could even put something in place to block games from the service that are available to buy on Switch. To outright dismiss it is a bit short-sighted.
Well it works both ways. It brings Nintendo gamers into the Xbox microsystem, but it also brings Microsoft gamers into the Nintendo microsystem. And Microsoft can give Nintendo a share of the extra revenue they make, based on the usage statistics.

Nintendo doesn't even want Netflix on the Switch because it distracts people from buying and playing games from the eshop. No cut of MS's small xclouds margins will be more lucrative than Nintendo controlling their own ecosystem.
I'd like to have it too, but it ain't gonna happen.

JLB

Banned
This is the service I didn’t know I wanted, especially if they can get it on Switch.

Didnt think on that. It would definetely be an awesome combination. Imagine playing Gears5, Forza or Halo on Switch. Interesting.

Last edited:

Elenchus

Banned
Incorrect. Remote Play does work over the internet (it will just be much more laggy).
https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/ps4link/viainternet.html

I did use it this way with both PS3 and PS4.

That procedure is not on the official page and reads like a hack. Either way, average consumer is not going through all of that to stream and that’s proven by the fact that you don’t even use this method much. As I said, Sony has work to do in this area.

FranXico

That procedure is not on the official page and reads like a hack. Either way, average consumer is not going through all of that to stream and that’s proven by the fact that you don’t even use this method much. As I said, Sony has work to do in this area.
It is a bit of a gimmick minor feature, yeah. Most of the times I used RP was at home.

Neither MS or Sony make a lot of profit on hardware, usually only hitting black on sales halfway into a gen. MS would love to sell every non XB gamer with a phone a $15 subscription.

Don't take this as derision either, Gamepass is hands-down the best consumer value in gaming today.

You sound like my 11 year old.
Nintendo needs reasons for people to subscribe to their own service. I have GP Ultimate, and I pay for Nintendo Online. I'd cough up another $20 to Nintendo in an instant to be able to stream my GP library while on the road.

MS gets an instant 20,000,000 potential Gamepass subscribers on their end of the deal for very little effort.

If both companies are interested in easy profit it's a no-brainer.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I must have been one of the very first people to apply for this and I still recieved Jack shit, I'm even on Vodafone which is the official partner here in England.

Flintty

You never know. Could have been part of the deal to bring Banjo to Smash for all we know. And hardware sales are good for Nintendo. People won’t always be on Wi-Fi so will look to the Switch library when offline. Everybody wins.

Wishful thinking, I know.

DanielsM

Banned
Well I included the captures because there appears to be a great deal of confusion over what Sony currently offers (even among the Sony faithful-which suggests that most just don’t use these services).

PS Now is limited by device and only allows you to download some games. Remote Play is in-home only. Sony does not have a cohesive service right now and Stadia is a train wreck.

Looks like MS had the better foresight on this idea and is just better positioned.

Every service is limited by devices. It is true that only Ps4/2games are downloadable, but there is over 800+ games, over 300+ downloadable.

Remote play is not in home only...you can use it globally, its free and has been available since 2013 with the Ps4. Remote play actually has existed in limited or beta form even in 2006 on the PS3.

Most PS gamers just don't go ape shit over stuff they've had for 5-6 years or longer ie rental and streaming.

DanielsM

Banned

Not sure how it could be made any easier, I suggest additional education is in order.

Phase

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (505 Games)
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (505 Games)
  • theHunter: Call of the Wild (Avalanche Studios)
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Bandai Namco)
  • Rad (Bandai Namco)
  • Soulcalibur VI (Bandai Namco)
  • Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Bandai Namco)
  • Tekken 7 (Bandai Namco)
  • WRC 7 (Bigben Interactive)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (Capcom)
  • F1 2019 (Codemasters)
  • For the King (Curve Digital)
  • Absolver (Devolver Digital)
  • Madden NFL 20 (Electronic Arts)
  • Vermintide 2 (Fatshark Games)
  • Vampyr (Focus Home Interactive)
  • Conan Exiles (Funcom)
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (Funcom)
  • Hitman (IO Interactive)
  • Mark of the Ninja: Remastered (Klei Entertainment)
  • Dead Island: Definitive Edition (Koch Media)
  • TERA (KRAFTON)
  • World War Z (Mad Dog Games LLC)
  • Black Desert Online (Pearl Abyss)
  • Sniper Elite 4 (Rebellion)
  • Puyo Puyo Champions (SEGA)
  • Just Cause 4 (Square Enix)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Square Enix)
  • World of Final Fantasy Maxima (Square Enix)
  • ARK: Survival Evolved (Studio Wildcard)
  • Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Take-Two Interactive)
  • WWE 2K20 (Take-Two Interactive)
  • Overcooked! (Team17)
  • Yoku’s Island Express (Team17)
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar (THQ Nordic)
  • Darksiders 3 (THQ Nordic)
  • Hello Neighbor (tinyBuild)
  • Subnautica (Unknown Worlds)
  • World of Tanks: Mercenaries (Wargaming)
  • World of Warships: Legends (Wargaming)
  • Crackdown 3 (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Gears 5 (Xbox Game Studios, già disponibile su Project xCloud)
  • Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox Game Studios, già disponibile su Project xCloud)
  • Halo Wars 2 (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Killer Instinct (Xbox Game Studios, già disponibile su Project xCloud)
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox Game Studios)
  • ReCore: Definitive Edition (Xbox Game Studios)
  • Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Studios, già disponibile su Project xCloud)
  • State of Decay 2 (Xbox Game Studios)
  • The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut (Xbox Game Studios)
Jesus, Stadia should just start choosing what type of wood and finish they want for their coffin.

Top Bottom