• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Now is now expanding to Australia, NZ, UAE

fourfourtwo

Neo Member
I was under the impression that Australia has amongst the worst internet in the first world. Surely there won't be much demand for such a service there?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
PS Now never gets talked about but to me it’s one of the most important features this generation

hemo memo

Gold Member
PS Now never gets talked about but to me it’s one of the most important features this generation

At its current state it’s bad also not available globally and in a serious need of an overhaul. We are far away from a viable streaming service for video games. They should merge it with PS+ and focus on selling both as a subscription service + playing online games.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Like it says: rumor "now is expanding"

That's quite a stretch. PS Now, for what it is, is good. And streaming works fine.
Compared to Gamepass, it's slightly less global, for a 3 country less.

I disagree. It’s far from fine from everyone I have talked to who tried it.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I was under the impression that Australia has amongst the worst internet in the first world. Surely there won't be much demand for such a service there?
I get 105 down and 15 up. Not world leading but can’t really complain. Latency to the servers would be the only problem, but if they are using azure like they would have to them I get about 25ms-30ms ping to them.

hemo memo

Gold Member
They've got a PlayStation office here and a local marketing/comms team. They have done for a while.

No offense but you’ll probably get your problem resolved by a thread on NeoGAF than contacting Playstation UAE.

Edit: To be fair it’s not their fault or lack of training, they just gave them pretty much zero control.

Last edited:

GHG

No offense but you’ll probably get your problem resolved by a thread on NeoGAF than contacting Playstation UAE.

Edit: To be fair it’s not their fault or lack of training, they just gave them pretty much zero control.

What are you even talking about? It feels like we are talking about 2 different things.

They are well aware of the country, they have a local team here specifically for PlayStation.

What's your beef with them exactly in the UAE? Do you even live here?

hemo memo

Gold Member
What are you even talking about? It feels like we are talking about 2 different things.

They are well aware of the country, they have a local team here specifically for PlayStation.

What's your beef with them exactly in the UAE? Do you even live here?

I was exaggerating. Of course they know the country dude. Everyone knows Dubai. My problem with the services and the lackluster store and a support team with no control.

GHG

I was exaggerating. Of course they know the country dude. Everyone knows Dubai. My problem with the services and the lackluster store and a support team with no control.

The store here is the same here as it is in the UK though? I also have a UK account because that's where I'm originally from and the only difference is the games that are available. Most of the ones that are omitted from the UAE store are the ones that didn't pass local certification here for reasons that you would be well aware of.

Support I can't comment on because I'm yet to experience any issues on PSN but when I first bought my PS4 Pro and wanted to exchange it for another one because the first one I bought was comically loud it wasn't a problem (I bought it from the Sony store in the Dubai mall).

jimbojim

Banned
I disagree. It’s far from fine from everyone I have talked to who tried it.

And you talked with how many people? Maybe you should try it alone instead.
I've tried UK an US PS Now. For what it is, it works fine. Streaming is good for a 720p. And i don't have a fast internet. 50/10. Only lag in some games is noticeable

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Why are you waiting? Make another account and pay for it with points cards and you can have PS Now in any country.

Agent X

Gold Member

PS Now isn't just for streaming. A sizable portion of the game catalog (PS4 games and PS2 games) can be downloaded to a PS4 system.

PS now should be expending but they need to improve the service first .

They have been gradually improving throughout the years. The service isn't perfect, but it's noticeably better now than it was 4 years ago, or even 2 years ago.

I consider making the service available in new regions (where it was previously unavailable) to be a type of improvement.

If PS Now had all PS1, PS2, and PS3 games... that would be enough. Casuals would have endless licensed games to play. Use Ai Scanning to remove expired music or use Sony Music division;
, make deals with publishers where Sony gives them a percentage and Sony takes care of all licensing acquisition .......eh.

Would be nice to see the service expand. To be honest, I don't know they don't just open it worldwide for downloads immediately.

Streaming can come later.

Top Bottom