• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Queen Elizabeth II confirms she's not dead yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
'I'm still alive anyway' jokes Queen Elizabeth on visit to Northern Ireland

royal-visit-to-ulster-day-1-3-390x285.jpg

IT HAS BEEN a rough few days for Britain, but its monarch seems fairly good humoured about it all.

Commencing her two-day visit to Northern Ireland yesterday, Queen Elizabeth cracked a few pointed jokes as she met Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness.

“Hello, are you well?” McGuinness asked as he extended his hand in greeting to the monarch in a televised meeting.

“I’m still alive anyway. Ha,” Queen Elizabeth laughed, shaking his hand.

"We’ve been quite busy. There’s been quite a lot going on."

It was not clear whether her comments were in reference to political events in Britain or to her two birthdays, which she told McGuinness she had been busy celebrating.
The queen has not issued any statement on Britan’s vote to leave the EU.

After an audience behind closed doors with the queen, McGuinness, who has called for a vote on Irish unity, refused to comment on whether they had discussed the referendum.
“We discussed many things, none of which I will tell you,” McGuinness said.
https://www.thejournal.ie/queen-eilizabeth-still-alive-2850106-Jun2016/

But was Brexit a triumph?

Maledict

I want to point out that only a few years ago, the Queen meeting people like Martin McGuiness was a huge thing, that required literally years of diplomacy and back room talks.

Now, we report on her wisecracking about Brexit / her age.

kami_sama

I want to point out that only a few years ago, the Queen meeting people like Martin McGuiness was a huge thing, that required literally years of diplomacy and back room talks.

Now, we report on her wisecracking about Brexit / her age.
That's news to me. I suppose it's due to the conflicts, right?

Maledict

That's news to me. I suppose it's due to the conflicts, right?

Yes - the IRA blew up a close relative of hers, Lord Mountbatten. The royals are obviously a large element of the history with Ireland, and Sinn Fein MPs to this day don't take their seats in the house of commons because they refuse to swear the oath of loyalty to the queen.

Browny

Banned
It's a well known fact that the Queen absorbs life force from her corgis, hence why she maintains such a high quality of life. And why so many corgis are buried in front of Buckingham Palace.
#spuriousqueenfacts

Log4Girlz

Yes - the IRA blew up a close relative of hers, Lord Mountbatten. The royals are obviously a large element of the history with Ireland, and Sinn Fein MPs to this day don't take their seats in the house of commons because they refuse to swear the oath of loyalty to the queen.

Oh, did she day that as a reminder that they never got her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom