• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ralph Macchio is 4 years older now than Pat Morita was when Karate Kid was released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still puzzled how that whiny doofus landed Alli.

I can still picture Larusso's stupid 'OH YEAH!' face when he scores a goal against Alli in air hockey at Golf 'n Stuff.

Look at this dude on a friendly date and game of Air Hockey.

taEoNVH.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I didn't realize Ralph Macchio was 23 years old in the Karate Kid. That's way older than I had figured.

Pat Morita also looked way older than 53 by today's standards.

How Will Smith's kid ended up in China with Jackie Chan is still beyond me. It's a no brainer for Macchio to be taking on the mentor role. The first time he opens that can of whoop ass like Miyagi did in 1-3 the theater would erupt.

Viewt

How Will Smith's kid ended up in China with Jackie Chan is still beyond me. It's a no brainer for Macchio to be taking on the mentor role. The first time he opens that can of whoop ass like Miyagi did in 1-3 the theater would erupt.

It's nowhere near as good as the original, but the Karate Kid remake was actually not that bad. I remember liking portions of it, and particularly Chan in it.

Don't remind me. I still remember a lot of GAF praising the remake as pretty damn enjoyable, forcing me to stop yelling at clouds and give it a shot. Awful. Never trusted GAF since.

I'm sure it's been said before....But for the reboot, they should have had Macchio reprising his role and being the master...Instead of Jackie Chan and Kung-Fu.

Edit: and nevermind it's been said several times on this thread as well.

Ridley327

I can still picture Larusso's stupid 'OH YEAH!' face when he scores a goal against Alli in air hockey at Golf 'n Stuff.

Her other option was Johnny, who was textbook 80s Douchebag Rival with Boundary Issues. Even with his change of heart by the end of the film, I don't doubt that Johnny grew up to become a Trump supporter.

But think about how the same doofus in part two rubbed people in another country in another continent entirely the wrong way got his ass kicked repeatedly for it.

Glix

Her other option was Johnny, who was textbook 80s Douchebag Rival with Boundary Issues. Even with his change of heart by the end of the film, I don't doubt that Johnny grew up to become a Trump supporter.

Lets not forget shes bottom tier.

Her behavior at the start of 2 is unforgiveable

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
1707_1.jpg

Ralph Macchio was 31 in "My Cousin Vinny" and could pass for like 19

I think this topic is void because the dude aged like Keanu Reeves and was way older than everyone thought to begin with.

Bring on some other "make me feel old" fun fact.

Or how he was a sociopath in Part 3.

In part three he GIVES UP COLLEGE TO OPEN A LITTLE (GUARANTEED TO FAIL) BONSAI SHOP WITH MR. MIYAGI.

A bonsai shop. In Reseda. Okay buddy.

He then has that platonic friendship with that girl because according to IMDB trivia Macchio didn't want to upset his wife having to do any love scenes with this character because I guess his wife didn't understand what acting is.

I caught both sequels very recently on HBO. KK3 is worth a watch in the same way Spider-Man 3 is now. It's nuts.

Phediuk

1707_1.jpg

I think this topic is void because the dude aged like Keanu Reeves and was way older than everyone thought to begin with.

Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is as old now as The Rolling Stones' "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" was when SLTS was released.

Amneziak

aka The Hound
No one in that movie is as awful as that kid Daniel befriends in the beginning who ended up walking away from him when he got his ass-kicked on the beach. It's not like Daniel didn't try. Fuck that kid.

Tugatrix

1707_1.jpg

19? more like 14

No one in that movie is as awful as that kid Daniel befriends in the beginning who ended up walking away from him when he got his ass-kicked on the beach. It's not like Daniel didn't try. Fuck that kid.
Oh his neighbour? Yeah. Grade A fuckstick. Daniel did also kinda overstep though in starting shit with Johnny a bit too much.

Ridley327

I have never had the heart to watch any of the Karate Kid films past part 2. Even that had a hard time justifying itself, beyond the intro that really should have been the ending for the first film and The Glory of Love (which, funny enough, was written for Rocky IV originally).

Wolfe

He was 28 in Karate Kid Part III.

I didn't realize Ralph Macchio was 23 years old in the Karate Kid. That's way older than I had figured.

Karate Man doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

How Will Smith's kid ended up in China with Jackie Chan is still beyond me.

Why they didn't just call the damn thing Kung Fu Kid is beyond me. Ok I know that it's supposed to be a reboot or whatever and they're obviously banking on that name recognition, but he's in china learning kung fu from Jackie Chan, that shit legit bugged me and I have no desire to watch it because of that. I don't care of that's unreasonable of me lol.

Lothar

Banned
Isn't everyone numb to this by now? I realize after seeing these articles all the time that as a child of the 80s, I'm old and going to die soon.

Karate Man doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Why they didn't just call the damn thing Kung Fu Kid is beyond me. Ok I know that it's supposed to be a reboot or whatever and they're obviously banking on that name recognition, but he's in china learning kung fu from Jackie Chan, that shit legit bugged me and I have no desire to watch it because of that. I don't care of that's unreasonable of me lol.

It's not just you. Between that and Jaden Smith, I was like, "I'm good, thanks."

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

The kid is trash and almost ruined The Get Down. Every time he opened his mouth I cringed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom