• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Relics of the Oracle: First-Person 2.5D Adventure Game Made by Former id Software Developer

It looks like the Twitter algorithm has suggested another interesting indie title, and since there's no thread about it on GAF, I guess I'll be making the very first one. NPC death aside this short footage shared by the developer looks really good imo.

ABOUT THIS GAME​

In Relics of the Oracle, step into the forgotten and the unknown in a first-person adventure that blends classic adventure mechanics with real-time 2.5D exploration. Embark on a journey through time and mystery, exploring a game that has resurfaced after decades of being lost and shrouded in urban legend.

Experience a metafictional narrative that pulls you into its depths as one of the first to rediscover this long-lost title. Navigate through hauntingly beautiful landscapes ranging from dense, whispering forests to the desolate ruins of an ancient civilization. Each environment is meticulously handcrafted to challenge your wits and reward your curiosity.

Inspired by adventure games like the Zork series, Relics of the Oracle holds that classic gameplay close to its heart and invites players to get lost in its atmosphere.

relics_header.png

A Deceptive Request: The Oracle, seemingly intrigued by your arrival, has tasked you with recovering the ancient relics once housed within his temple. Could it be that simple?

Shadow and Danger: As you pursue the scattered relics, be warned: a malevolent presence shadows every step you take. This dark entity, awakened by the disturbance of the relics, seeks to thwart those who dare to reclaim them. Will you outsmart this lurking menace and restore the relics, or will you fall victim to the unseen dangers that watch silently from the dark?

roto_village.gif

verb_header.png

Explore with Intention: Engage with the world through verb actions that echo classic adventure games. Interact, Observe, Speak, Taste, and Smell—each action opens a new layer of possibilities and secrets.

Immersive Interaction: Navigate your adventure by physically interacting with environments and objects, conversing with characters, consuming mystical elements, and using your senses to uncover hidden lore.

roto_verb.gif

bbs_header.png

Step Through Time: Dial into the Relic Hunters BBS, a digital archive that bridges decades. Here, time blurs as you explore messages and updates left by the original game developers, who vanished under mysterious circumstances years ago.

Uncover Hidden Clues: Delve into the BBS to uncover essential clues and insights that are key to unraveling the game’s deeper mysteries. Each post and update might just hold the piece of the puzzle you’ve been searching for.

roto_bbs.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
DOOM is 3D. So is this.

You won't convince me unless it's Carmack who says it. :messenger_winking_tongue:

I'd say 2.5D is already a coined term, and no matter who says that will be able to change that.
Can't have a floor above another floor? Then your game is 2.5D.

You won't convince me unless it's Carmack who says it. :messenger_winking_tongue:

I'd say 2.5D is already a coined term, and no matter who says that will be able to change that.
Can't have a floor above another floor? Then your game is 2.5D.
There are a number of Doom levels with plaforming at varying heights... The old 3D rendering is kind of funky in that dimensions adjust to player position. Like always viewing the world through a moving peephole.
51OkS5IEypL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Top Bottom