• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ricky Whittle (The 100) cast as Shadow Moon in Starz's American Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
ricky-whittle-newnownext-awards-01.jpg
Neil Gaiman said, “I’m thrilled that Ricky has been cast as Shadow. His auditions were remarkable. The process of taking a world out of the pages of a book, and putting it onto the screen has begun. ‘American Gods’ is, at its heart, a book about immigrants, and it seems perfectly appropriate that Shadow will, like so much else, be Coming to America. I’m delighted Ricky will get to embody Shadow. Now the fun starts.”

Commented Bryan Fuller and Michael Green, “We searched every continent and country and all the islands in between for our Shadow Moon, and we are lucky to have found Ricky. Fans of the novel will find he has every bit of the heart of the character they fell in love with.”
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/651783-american-gods-series-casts-ricky-whittle-as-shadow-moon

It's actually happening, I'm shocked. Next up, Mark Shepard for Mr. Wednesday if they are grabbing actors off the CW

Viewt

I don't watch The 100 but I've heard it's surprisingly solid.

Anywho, I'm glad that this project is finally getting off the ground. It's my favorite Gaiman novel.

Epcott

Always pictured Dwane Johnson or Vin Dies... errr... well just Dwane Johnson. Too bad Dick Van Dyke wasn't younger, he would have made a perfect Wednesday. Guess I'd settle for JK Simmons.

Never heard of him. But if he impressed Fuller, he'll be a great choice.

Boy, JK Simmons as Wednesday? Never thought about it, but that's a great choice.

harSon

Banned
I just started watching The 100 this past week. I breezed through the first season and am making my way through the second. #Blacked

Edit: Damn, he's British too? Of course...

Akahige

As I said in the other thread, he's seems to have a strong presence as an actor from what I've seen of The 100.

Very hyped for this show.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Next up, Mark Shepard for Mr. Wednesday if they are grabbing actors off the CW

I would lose all of my shit.

I don't know how they'd wrangle it anyway. He's busy hanging out with Ackles and Padalecki.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
He's good in The 100, so I'm fine with this.

Joni

The 100 is a good show and the dude is a solid actor so...

It is not a good sign a major actor from a show got casted on another show. I'm a big The 100 fan, I have no idea what a Shadow Moon is. :)

I (think) he means Lincoln, since I think Joni is a 100 fan.

Indeed. It always leads to situations where an important character just disappears or sees their role greatly reduced. Like Sin and Wildcat on Arrow, or potentially Lexa on The 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom