• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIDE 5 - Announcement Trailer

I've put hundreds of hours into Ride 1/2/3. I thought 4 was fairly crappy. They removed a bunch of bikes from the base game only to add them as paid DLC.

They're alright games but there's usually some jank in them. Like, some events will have completely jacked and inconsistent AI, making it impossible to beat even on Easy. And then on other events, Easy is a complete joke and you'll be lapping your opponents. The campaigns are always way too long.

It sucks because it's really the only sim-like motorcycle game out there. If you like Gran Turismo/Forza, it's an enjoyable game but the annoyances that I mentioned previously are omnipresent.

God I hate modern fairings with all the aero bullshit. Not the games fault I know.

You're goddamn right brother...

Also, talking about esthetics :
I've always been a Eurobike enthusiast (Italian ones especially) but...after owning 3 Ducs, looking at their new lineup i just can't, the homogenization is real...
- New monster 937 looks like a fucking Yammy MT
- New SFV4 looks like a fucking BMW S1000R (plus, no trellis).
- New Panigale is...more of the same really (1199 was the best looking one).
- New Diavel V4 looks like a crossover between a Yammy V-max and a (now Chinese) Benelli knock-off (that benelli that looks just like the XDiavel is just lol), plus, again, no trellis.The 1260S was a mighty good lookin' bike ffs, why ?
- New Multistrada V4 still looks ugly and still has that fookin' beak.Also, looks more and more like a beemer each MY.
- Hypermotard is OK-ish, next version will be a trellis-less one no doubt.

Same thing with MV Agusta, the Brutale 800 has gotten uglier each M.Y and there's almost no difference aesthetically-wise with the Dragster now, most liveries look mediocre etc etc.

Triumph...they're making most of their money by selling you "heritage" bikes, the new S Triple lineup, while being good bikes apparently, now look like shit (them headlights, lol).

I mean, i don't know what the fook is going on, everything looks uglier each year and i don't know why, plus, just like you said, all this aero bullshit, on street-legal bikes is just lol.

Regarding the game's trailer now, i don't know, actually looks weird and...worse than its predecessors ?

Last edited:

Klik

I always wondered whats the best way to play motorbike games..with controller or racing wheel😁?

I always wondered whats the best way to play motorbike games..with controller or racing wheel😁?

Controller. Racing wheel doesn't really make sense since motorcycle turning is all about leaning left/right. The perfect controller (which they don't make) would be like a long gyroscopic bar.

Kuranghi

If you took the voice over from this trailer and changed a few words you could make it sound like racist war propoganda, kinda cracked me up.

God I hate modern fairings with all the aero bullshit. Not the games fault I know.

I'm out of the loop on bike stuff since the 90s, are you referring to the little wings and stuff? I agree if yes, it looks submental.

nikos

GAF moto crew signing in. Some more info below, taken from the game's Steam page.

ABOUT THIS GAME​

Rev up your engine and get ready to hit the track with RIDE 5. An adrenaline-filled gaming experience that is so authentic it will make you feel like you're truly racing at break-neck speed.

Find your favorite bikes and check out new ones in the ultimate motorcycle game! Race on over 35 tracks and collect more than 200 motorcycles from world-renowned manufacturers, each element is designed to feel like you're riding a real bike.

IT'S A LONG ROAD​

It's not just speed that wins races - Endurance mode rewards perseverance and strategy. Time is no longer the issue, ride to your heart's content with the option of saving, exiting and jumping back in later. Just make sure you keep an eye on fuel and pit-stops - these helplines can quickly become your worst nightmare!

FROM ZERO TO HERO​

Start out in your garage, climb the ranks and become the best world racer in the new Career mode.Race against increasingly skilled Rivals, true obstacles who will stand between you and the finish line. Learn to master different bikes and handle every situation.
It won't be easy though... The road to victory is laden with challenges and it's up to you to decide which one you want to take - the harder the challenge, the greater the reward!

WIN UNDER ANY CONDITION​

It doesn't matter how good you are, there is always one factor you can't control: the weather. Clear blue skies can turn into heavy downpours and then back to sunshine, rolling clouds will follow you as you dash through the bends, giving you ever-changing views and landscapes.You will have to deal with unexpected situations and use your skill to tackle both wet and dry conditions - the improved physics makes for an even more life-like experience!

TEST. LEARN. RIDE.​

Not sure which line to follow or when to slam on the brakes? Use the new riding aids and get customized support when needed the most. Learn to better handle the bike and the tricks of the trade to become the best rider you can be.

TAKE CONTROL​

You can tell a true motorcycle aficionado not just from the bike but also from their garage - collect your favorite models and customize them to your liking. Share your designs with other players and showcase your style!Don't get caught up on cosmetics only. With Race Creator you can build an endless number of scenarios, from single races to complete championships, choose your bikes and tracks, and act as a Race Director to set your own rules.

FEEL THE COMPETITION​

Split screen is back! Now you can challenge a friend and win live!And if you want to show the world what you're worth, Endurance races will really put you to the test.

Last edited:

Tunned

I only put a good amount of time into Ride 4, and whilst I enjoyed it a lot, single player career felt like too much of a checklist.
Looking forward to part 5, I wonder if it's Unreal 5, the graphics look more detailed. Ride 4 whilst it looked great, the environments some times looked sterile.

hlm666

I'm out of the loop on bike stuff since the 90s, are you referring to the little wings and stuff? I agree if yes, it looks submental.
Yeh it's probably to make the sport bikes look closer to race bikes, looks terrible on them all though race or road.

xrnzaaas

Not gonna pick it up after recently playing Ride 4. The AI in that game was abysmal - too aggressive (with no aggression sliders), too fast in the corners (no matter their skill percentage) and too slow on the straights. Plus we got some fuckery like removing and reselling bikes in DLC's and increasing the prices so that people will want to buy credits boosters. The endurance races also seemed a bit broken and the game was too heavy on the licences to unlock new stuff in the career (like having to do a good lap on the Nordschleife to unlock endurance category).

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The official #RIDE5 gameplay trailer is out! Discover the Autopolis, Suzuka and Bluewave (Hawaii) tracks and be ready to face the dynamic weather in the most immersive 2-wheel experience ever.

Senua

Gold Member
Anyone played this yet? I'm guessing it's just more Ride 4 with some new tracks but Ride 4 was god damn fun so might pick this up when it's cheaper

Skifi28

Anyone played this yet? I'm guessing it's just more Ride 4 with some new tracks but Ride 4 was god damn fun so might pick this up when it's cheaper
I've been playing ride4 for two years, still haven't finished it. I've also learned the hard way that buying at launch is an incomplete experience. There's going to be so much DLC content, you're better off waiting for a year or so and grabbing the complete edition.

Top Bottom