• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riviera: The Promised Land remaster for PC launches July 17 worldwide

GQ4lpQuWMAAk8bN

Via Gematsu:

The remastered version of Riviera: The Promised Land will launch for PC via Steam on July 17 worldwide at a 20 percent-off discount price for the first two weeks of release, developer Sting announced. It will support English and Japanese text and audio.

Riviera: The Promised Land Remaster first launched for Switch on February 28, followed by iOS and Android on May 29. The Switch, iOS, and Android versions are currently only available in Japanese.

ABOUT THIS GAME​

You can enjoy the remastered version of "Riviera: The Promised Land", the first work in the Dept. Heaven Episodes series, on Steam!

Equipped with various additional convenient functions, the ease of play has been improved!
It's full of elements that will satisfy everyone from first-time players to experienced players!​

■Story​

At the behest of Hector, who is one of the Seven Magi, the Grim Angel Ein and his familiar, Rose, along with another Grim Angel named Ledah, all head to Riviera, an island floating in Asgard.
On the way, Ursula, the guardian of the Riviera, appears and is thwarted by the Grim Angels' intrusion.
Ein, whose memories were sealed by Ursula's attack, wakes up in Elendia, where the spirits live...​

■Game Features​

• Easy-to-operate field exploration!​
  • A unique battle system where your skills are determined by the items you own!​
  • Who are your close comrades? A favorability system that changes depending on your choices!​
  • More than 90 illustrations to liven up events!​

■Remastered Additional Elements​

• BGM change function with 5 types of sound sources!​
  • Play mode with up to 5x speed!​
  • Event skip function!​
  • All illustrations are available in HD!​
  • Reliable auto save function!​
  • Ease of play greatly improved by difficulty level and mode selection!​
  • Boost function that allows you to quickly learn skills!​
  • Improved user-friendly interface!​
  • Function to switch voices between Japanese and English!​
■User-friendliness has also been further improved in the Steam version!

Last edited:

IAmRei

i recall this game on GBA, it changes my way of thinking about RPG, i mean, it's not usual RPG exploration game flow. the way they presented is like visual novel RPG, new for me at that time.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I remember seeing this game and it always interested me. That's cool to see it's getting a remaster. I might buy it especially if it shows up on GOG.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Loved this one back on the GBA.

Not a fan of this remaster tho, the sprites look horrendous.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Just how many more times do they plan to re release this game? I still have the GBA Cartridge and PSP UMD.

At this point the game could benefit from an HD Sprite remake not whatever filter they are using here.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That's a game I didn't expect to hear. I liked the first one back in the day on GBA. For the right price, this is worth consideration.

Shifty1897

I heard these games are tough
This one isn't, and is the only game in the Dept. Heaven series that is fun to play for me. Each sequel after this becomes more and more mechanically unhinged until you end up with Knights in the Nightmare, which is just bullet hell speed chess with psychedelic colors and lights that make it impossible to know what you're even looking at.

Top Bottom