• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: COD Infinite Warfare

RPS37

It’s 2am and I’m rolling credits on the 2016 Call of Duty game in 2024.
It was dope. Super entertaining, graphics hold up, gunplay is COD gunplay.
It started reminding me of Titalfall/Titanfall 2 with the movement, overall gameplay, and story.
And I love TF2.

I played after I just finished my save file of Modern Warfare Remastered. Also, surprisingly fun and impressive.

I did all this because for whatever reason, I’m excited for BLOPS6.

My question is this though,

was Infinite Warfare the last great COD campaign or is there more fun for me to have with something more recent.

Shouod I actually start playing Starfield? I feel their aesthetics are very similar.

SP campaign was so good, it was too good for the COD series and that fanbase.

It should never have been a COD game and should have been spun off as its own series. It was fucking excellent. It's the only game from the PS4 gen I routinely go back to often to replay.

The Jackal missions and boarding action gave me WH40k vibes so hard. I've been a superfan of the WH40K Horus Heresy series of books and the massive space battles with boarding action described in the books was realised so well in this game. Makes me want this dev to do a WH40K Horus Heresy game so hard.

Kerotan

The campaign was insane. Zombies were fun but the multiplayer was ass.

I'll tell you what I think of the campaigns since this game.

Modern warfare remastered - Good remaster of the original and online is still active.

WW2 - Excellent campaign, decent zombies, okay multiplayer.

Black ops 4 - Apparently zombies and multi were fun. The black out battle royale was good at the time but dated now. No campaign which is trash.

Modern warfare 2019 - Good reboot. Decent campaign and fun multiplayer.

Black ops cold war - Excellent campaign, good zombies and fun multiplayer.

Vanguard - Okay campaign, okay multiplayer and okay zombies. Pretty average game.

Modern warfare 2 - Multiplayer and campaign were okay but not as good as MW2019 reboot.

MW3 - A dumpster fire. Cash grab but if you'd enjoy a mw2 (2009) multiplayer remaster you'll find it fun. Worst campaign ever.

RPS37 RPS37

wipeout364

Cold War was a great campaign especially if you have nostalgia for the period which of course depends on your age.

I consider Black Ops 1 the best COD campaign.
Black Ops 3 has an interesting campaign let down by the fact it’s designed around co op.

I actually thought advanced warfare was decent as well.

Infinite Warfare is one of the best campaigns in COD, often overlooked due to the problems infinity ward was having and coming after the forgettable Ghosts.

It probably won’t happen but I would totally be down for a sequel.

thefool

I played this a few months ago, I usually buy used COD's to play their campaign (regular to check things and then veteran). First run didn't really liked it, felt a bit all over the place and i'm not really a fan of the setting. But second time, going slower, really made me appreciate it. It's pretty damn decent.

Top Bottom