• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Elden Ring II

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

ELDEN RING II - Holiday 2026

Teaser later this year, trailer and more info next year. Release planned for late 2026.

George RR Martin has been in Japan since April working with fromsoft on the next title. Fromsoft has hired 80 new employees to speed up the release.

Bandai Namco to invest 100M on marketing for next title

Dark Souls Gamer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

FeralEcho

My favourite game of all time...If they do a sequel it needs to be set in the Badlands where Godfrey and the tarnished went to kick ass. That or a prequel set during The Shattering.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
My favourite game of all time...If they do a sequel it needs to be set in the Badlands where Godfrey and the tarnished went to kick ass. That or a prequel set during The Shattering.
With a name like Godfrey, he ain't gonna be in any badlands. He's living in Mayfair in a penthouse.

Hugare

I believe they went above and beyond with the DLC specifically because they didnt want to do anything more with ER for quite some time after it.

Their next game will probably be a new IP/Sekiro sequel, something at least a little different from the DS/ER formula.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Whatever From is working on, I’ll be there day one. Damn the magic of Elden Ring when it first came out was so fantastic on here especially. The OT was just OMG after OMG moment, it was truly special.

I could take or leave more Elden Ring. I adore the game obviously! Having not even started Shadow of the Erdtree yet due to major time commitments at present I think I’ll be more than satisfied with this universe when I get round to it.

Bernardougf

Gold Member

ELDEN RING II - Holiday 2026

Teaser later this year, trailer and more info next year. Release planned for late 2026.

George RR Martin has been in Japan since April working with fromsoft on the next title. Fromsoft has hired 80 new employees to speed up the release.

Bandai Namco to invest 100M on marketing for next title

Dark Souls Gamer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Just hope Miyazaki is doing another project .... let team B do this shit

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
They kinda put Elden Ring 2 out last week.

I think that universe is done.

You’re out of your mind if you think there won’t be an Elden Ring trilogy. This rumor is fake (GRRM getting off his ass and spending months in Japan is the dead giveaway) but after the wild success of Elden Ring and FromSoft controlling the IP there is probably a sequel being worked on already.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I wish, but highly doubtful.

Also the text has been deleted on the original Reddit post, so that says a lot, lmao.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

You’re out of your mind if you think there won’t be an Elden Ring trilogy. This rumor is fake (GRRM getting off his ass and spending months in Japan is the dead giveaway) but after the wild success of Elden Ring and FromSoft controlling the IP there is probably a sequel being worked on already.
Of course they will.
I'm not believing this rumor is anymore than a guess and that part 2 makes 2026 though.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little

I'm saying doe!
I genuinely like their games I would argue I play and own Everything on that bottom list and with Call of Duty, From that list I think the last Call of Duty I played was modern warfare 2.

But either way I can confirm that there is a level of repetitive same type of concept over and over especially with the dark souls games and I have nothing against that by the way I would argue one of the things I genuinely like is that they just keep the same thing going in terms of the old concept.

Your classic heavy attack, light attack, block, roll, Occasional healing item / repeat

So when I hear people crying about games being the same or repetitive, They seem to love to try to shield this fucking company or try to cherry pick the publishers they dislike will completely ignore this developer doing this like a lot....
I would say the same with Yakuza series.

It's like people love to attack something like Call of Duty or assassin's creed because in my opinion it's the popular low-hanging fruit and when it comes time to talk about this repetitive nature with the Soul's games or Yakuza suddenly there's a 100 excuses why that's okay lol But I have no problem with any of those games being repetitive in terms of dated design, i actually prefer that.

Nothing is wrong with something that's trying to do something brand new but I'm actually okay with just playing something familiar if done correctly even if it is extremely repetitive.

Right there I know it's bull shit. I follow Martin's blog and he hasn't mentioned going to Japan (he blogs about everywhere he goes) and there is no way he'd go to Japan for 3 months to do a job he could do from home.

I mean, I agree, but I think that shit is happening with or without him

I just doubt 2026 tbh.

ER2 is completely inevitable at this point.

Top Bottom