• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PlayStation showcase is currently set for September 8th

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
If it happens that day they’ll be competing for social media attention against the Marvel/Star Wars stuff from Disney+ day.

Last edited:
Going before Disney's showcase to reveal/announce something about Spider-Man 2 or Wolverine makes sense. But at this point I just know you can't predict what Sony is going to do next, lol.

I'm pretty sure we got a rumor like this for every month so far.

The monthly "My source said it's this month but might be moved to next month." insider from social media nonsense.

Also Nick doesn't and has never known shit.
Eventually gets the month right after missing for half an year and then gets his credibility as a leaker from it.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Nick?

Sad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

yurinka

It's funny to see these leakers always 'delaying' the supposed Sony events month after month. They keep saying dates, all wrong until some day get one right and then a few consider them credible leakers when most of the stuff they say is wrong.

Since many months ago I don't believe a single one of them regarding Sony events. I'll believe that a Sony event is coming certain day once Sony announces it.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Heard from my anonymous source high up at Sony that there's a Playstation Showcase scheduled for September 15 actually. The plan is to showcase the new God of War interactive videogame.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The final day of my 20s. Wouldn't be the worst way to see the decade out given it's a Thursday and I've got work in the morning.

Still don't believe jack shit about these event dates until they're confirmed.

schaft0620

I am very skeptical but the day before the Disney event makes it more believable. On Thursday you have the showcase then end the trailer with "AN EXTENDED LOOK AT SPIDER-MAN 2 TOMORROW"

Last edited:
Has Sony ever been diluted? E3s never were an issue, etc.. Anytime they drop a video for a banger, that shit gets millions of views and shares, regardless of other trends, least of all UbiSoft, lol.
Sony at times dilutes their own game releases with another game release they're marketing. I don't think they care about dates as much as people think.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Please show something good

We literally have zero next gen looking games to look forward to
Yep. Starfield's vistas give me that next gen vibes but other than that, my goodness, next year looks like a barren wasteland when it comes to next gen visuals. We need Sony to save us and give us something to look forward to. I dont care if nothing is coming out next year. I just want to see something that looks next gen.

Been asking for Cory's new IP, GG's new IP and Sony Bends new IP for almost 2 years now, but this time i will keep my expectations in check an simply want to see Spiderman and Wolverine look next gen. Death Stranding 2 and ND's next game would be nice but im done expecting these studios to be as productive as Insomniac.

FeastYoEyes

Honestly, I just wonder what the hell is going on with Sony. It's felt pretty quiet since Horizon. The God of War release date isn't much to hang your hat on.

sachos

Bloodborne Remaster you can do it Sony come on. Are we in time to see the next BluePoint game? It would be cool if the announced some improvements to emulation and a huge drop of classic games for PS Plus too, the catalogue and emulation quality is pathetic at this point.

Varteras

Gold Member
This guy just got done telling people it was going to be in August. His track record is ass. Even if he happens to be right this time, there is zero reason to believe him right now

JimRyanGOAT

I guarantee you I can find tweets of nick saying

"my sources are telling me June, but take it with a grain of salt"
"My sources are hinting at July"
"my sources are hinting at august"
"My sources are saying soon "

This fucker literally just hop onto any rumor of an upcoming show with some vague, ya I've been hearing the same thing

Last edited:
Top Bottom