• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Shodown (2019) Mina Majikima trailer.

xd0lu8bxoxh41.jpg

This made me laugh so I have to share it.

kunonabi

Doesnt show her doing much zoning which is unfortunate. Even her wft is short range. Whatever, just get to sogetsu already.

Shin

Banned
This game always looks like a lower budget SFV. At least it looks nicer than King of Fighters.
SNK+3D doesn't go well, they don't have the artists/talent/budget for it and never had.
It's why I wished Arc Sys would have bought them instead of letting it go to some Chinese company.
Damn shame considering all the IP's SNK has under their belt, yet those genre's are a dying breed...

Is Mina from Okinawa by any chance, because the BGM sounds like a Southern Islands kinda thing.
Hence Mina (minami)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I can't wait to see Basara. I regret not grabbing this for $8 on PS4, but at the same time I prefer to nab it on PC or the Switch even. So, we'll see! It sounds like the game didn't do nearly as well as they originally thought, which is pretty damn upsetting. But it at least sounds like it has a community of some form, thank god.

As a loooong time snk lover, Samsho 2019 was superb! Im really happy with S2!

Can't wait for Iroha... I know, i know, she's hot, but her story (maybe about schizophrenia) and moves are awesome!

Pejo

Man I really want to play this but I'm not into double dipping anymore and I know it'll come to PC sooner or later. I hope the Stadia exclusivity was just 6 months.

Fuz

Banned
SNK+3D doesn't go well, they don't have the artists/talent/budget for it and never had.
Yep.

If you don't have the resources to make it look better than the 2D counterparts*, just don't force it to be 3D. KoFXIV was downright criminal.

*Which looks fucking amazing, refer to the SNK gif thread for proof.

Last edited:

kunonabi

You guys are crazy this game looks great.
It mostly looks fine but some stuff isnt handled well. Darli looks terrible for example. Complete travesty compared to her art.

As for Mina the stance doesnt look as bad as I expected.

I'd have tweaked a couple things though.

- You should be able to hold the stance if you jump and dont fire
- cancel animation is too slow. It looks like you're better off just firing the arrow.
- you should be able to transition straight into the stance if you buffer it from her spin, DP, or reflect
- charged up-arrows should become her overhead arrows instead of just going off screen. Not much benefit to charging them outside of making kyoshiro's life even worse.

I'm not a Mina main so I can live with the changed but they better not pull this shit again with Sogetsu.

Top Bottom