• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3: first trailer

L~A

Tecmo-Koei just uploaded the very first trailer for Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3. Guess what, it even includes 3 seconds of footage from the 3DS version!

YouTube

Here's the content of the Premium Box:

box_page.jpg

Can't link as I'm using my phone but that ps blog entry yesterday on sw4, they say they would like westerners to play this game. It's similar to what they said about sw4 when it was announced a few years ago. I actually expect this will get localised if only for vita.

L~A

I really doubt they'd localise only the PSV (that'd be an utter disappointment for me), though there's no doubt they'll do as if the 3DS version never existed and just dump a super small shipment (like they did with the first game).

Worst case scenario: digital-only for 3DS (which is fine by me, actually :p).

i'm on pc now here's the quote

Here in Japan, tomorrow, I’ll get to experience reactions to Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 for the first time… I cannot confirm if this game is coming to the West at this time, but do hope to see Western players experiencing the game for themselves as well.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/17/samurai-warriors-4s-character-roster-revealed-full/

the thing is KT support of 3DS hasnt been that great in the west especially in recent years but Vita support has been really rather good. (I personally believe we never got 2 because ninty blocked it). I am 99.9% sure that a vita version was made for the prime reason of it being localised.

L~A

^

That'd be better than nothing, I guess. I'm perfectly fine with that, personally.

i'm on pc now here's the quote

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/17/samurai-warriors-4s-character-roster-revealed-full/

the thing is KT support of 3DS hasnt been that great in the west especially in recent years but Vita support has been really rather good. (I personally believe we never got 2 because ninty blocked it). I am 99.9% sure that a vita version was made for the prime reason of it being localised.

Err.... why would Nintendo block localisation for Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2? They weren't involved in development at all, even for the 1st game. o_O

No, they didn't bother with localisation because it wasn't just a mere expansion (and sold as such in Japan), and sales for the 1st game in the West probably weren't that great (I mean, no advertisement at all, and during the early life of the console where it was selling rather poorly... that wasn't going to end well).

And reason they made a Vita version is certainly not for localisation (haven't checked closely, but pretty sure all Vita Warriors game sold quite poorly in the West... never saw them any charts). It's simply because the console got loads of ports (thanks to the PS3), and therefore managed to build a sizeable audience on it. Simple as that.

So this is the first new Musou game where it looks like the Vita version is the flagship version right?

Flagship, heh? Screenshots clearly show the 3DS version is/was lead platform. Then again, it's no surprise they're using the Vita version for promotional shots... it's been the case for pretty much every single cross-gen (tech-wise) game.

^

That'd be better than nothing, I guess. I'm perfectly fine with that, personally.

Err.... why would Nintendo block localisation for Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2? They weren't involved in development at all, even for the 1st game. o_O

No, they didn't bother with localisation because it wasn't just a mere expansion (and sold as such in Japan), and sales for the 1st game in the West probably weren't that great (I mean, no advertisement at all, and during the early life of the console where it was selling rather poorly... that wasn't going to end well).

And reason they made a Vita version is certainly not for localisation (haven't checked closely, but pretty sure all Vita Warriors game sold quite poorly in the West... never saw them any charts). It's simply because the console got loads of ports (thanks to the PS3), and therefore managed to build a sizeable audience on it. Simple as that.

Flagship, heh? Screenshots clearly show the 3DS version is/was lead platform.

It's just whatt I believe, yeah sales do have a factor but I do believe nintendo didnt want to produce carts for it, I believe a similar thing happened wih SW3 Xtreme legends. Yeah we didnt get the PS3 version either but one could argue that ship had sailed after the poor Wii version.I also expect there may have been an exclusivity agreement for the west with that game. We also didnt get DW 3DS and I once again put ninty as a reason for that,(not the sole reason though) (it was ninty that published all KT games for ninty platforms recently (cant remember if that applied to gb and Ds though) in the west so yeah they could block games)

The reason I said Vita was made to be localised, was 1 it bypass Ninty if they did block it in any way, nintendo cant tell you no to a vita game as they have no say then. secondly bar OP and Gundam, every single warrriors game has released here on vita (those 2 that didnt were because of bandai namco) a really high localisation rate.

sorry wrong word, distributer not pub

L~A

SWC2 had a digital version Day-1 in Japan, so the 'Nintendo didn't want to make cartridges' theory really doesn't work here. If they had really wanted to localise the game, they would've done so.

And yeah, all recent Vita Musou games were localised... thanks to the PS3 version.

Edit: some new screenshots? Don't look new to me, but hey....

SWC2 had a digital version Day-1 in Japan, so the 'Nintendo didn't want to make cartridges' theory really doesn't work here. If they had really wanted to localise the game, they would've done so.

And yeah, all recent Vita Musou games were localised... thanks to the PS3 version.

That cart retort, thats japan, warriors is huge in japan, ninty can be dumb but they arent dumb enough to block a warrriors title in japan but in the west where the time given to one of those games could go to any other game with better selling prospects yeah that I see happening, block a warriors game in the west from taking up value time to let another game through, yep totally see that happening and thats what I expect did happen, Also dls are more likely in Japan than the west too.
If the fact it was available as a DL in Japan was enough reason to localise a game dl only we'd have far more games released west from multiple companies than we actually do.

As for vita, I dont see the PS3 version being localised meaning by default there has to be vita versions localised. Everyone knows vita is a small audience and warriors games have a much bigger history on PS3 than Vita so thats a risk in and of itself, the fact bandai blocked the Gundam and OP vita versions atest to this.
I believe they localised the vita games as there is just enough of an audience to make it worth while and obviously translation cost is shared between all 3 versions of a game thus reducing costs but that alone wouldnt make it worth while for vita games to be localised.
If that were the case and we needed a ps3/ps4 release simultaneously we wouldnt get Atelier vita games localised as there is no plus atelier game (bar Rorona). With that logic we may never have got Toukiden too as there is no console version.

We are gonna have to agree to disagree on this.

Top Bottom