• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega needs to release the "Chao Garden" from Sonic Adventure 2 as a stand-alone game/app

jcorb

Seriously; fucking *EVERYONE* loves the Chao Garden in Sonic Adventure 2. Anyone who played it, anyways.

That shit would be the easiest gacha in the world, with cool character-specific Chao designs, different ways of customizing your appearance and whatnot. Maybe actual little platforming stages where you can actively *play as* your various Chao (in addition to the auto-battler type events they can do on their own).

Seems like an easy win to me. With Sonic Adventure 2 hype at its absolute peak with the new Sonic movie coming out (this year, right?), I feel like Sega could get something like this together in relatively short order, and I think it would be a massive hit.

Yoshi97

There were rumors that it was returning with sonic x shadow generations and I was gonna get it but Sega shot down the rumors so now I'm not gonna get it. That's how fun Chao garden is, I'm willing to buy a sonic game solely if the garden is In it.

jcorb

It's honestly pretty surprising it hasn't already been done, but yeah, I feel like Sega should really strike while the iron is hot on all this Shadow/Sonic Adventure 2 nostalgia.

It all lines up beautifully, and I could see people being super into having a Chao Garden on their phones. It honestly feels like it would lend itself super well to a mobile game.

YOU PC BRO?!

Gold Member
This! I still remember rocking my Chao on the Dreamcast VMU. Get my little guy fed and powered up so that I could get back into Chao Garden and kick some ass. Damn, the industry really has felt the loss of Sega's peerless innovation... It's such a shame as the entire Chao tamagotchi thing would work waaaay better on mobile rather than VMU.

Side note, when are Sega gonna get smart and fully remake Sonic Adventure 1 & 2? Those games, particularly SA2, deserve a remake so so badly.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I remember Sega having some kind of poll in like 2016 about games people would like to see on the App Store, and Chao Garden was the top write-in or something like that.

What I’m saying is that if they haven’t done it by now, they probably never will. :(

On the plus side, my dev team for this event I help run is currently creating their own version of a Chao Garden game for the new handheld we’re making. (We make a new one each year with different hardware and software.) So at least I’ll have that lol.

Geometric-Crusher

"Nintendo games are like indies, and worth at most $19" 🤡
Sega needs
they just won't.

You can't let them decide or not. That's why it's necessary for fans to come together and demand a Dreamcast 2, only then will there be a Chao Garden if there is a Dreamcast 2 first.

coffinbirth

I remember Sega having some kind of poll in like 2016 about games people would like to see on the App Store, and Chao Garden was the top write-in or something like that.

What I’m saying is that if they haven’t done it by now, they probably never will. :(

On the plus side, my dev team for this event I help run is currently creating their own version of a Chao Garden game for the new handheld we’re making. (We make a new one each year with different hardware and software.) So at least I’ll have that lol.
Well, they did it again in 2019 (at TGS) then too, because I remember the year before that they did the same thing with a Sega Ages poll...and I'm pretty sure that's what became this upcoming wave of remakes, so it's entirely possible that mobile poll is another phase of "new Sega" that simply hasn't been announced yet.

zokie

Gold Member
do not forget that Sonic Adventure 1 DX is on steam and xbox
but sadly for xbox you need to purchase DX DLC separately , its best to wait for a digital sale on xbox store

Sonic Adventure 2
Battle mode is only via paid DLC for both platforms

if your gamecube and gba handheld still works perfectly
The gamecube version is the best version for now and DX version contains 12 game gear games are available after in-game unlocks

Some extra info of connectivity between GBA Games and The Gamecube version of Chao Garden via Tiny Chao Garden

Random : Sonic Game Gear are now available in Sonic Origins

Lastly : i hope Chao Garden is coming to consoles and mobile app as well

Last edited:

jcorb

Well now I gotta ask; what might that be?

That wouldn't be related to Magfest, would it? This was my first year going and they had this cool gadget that I had no idea what it was, I just assumed it was a motherboard with LED lights. Lo and behold, like two weeks later I actually put batteries in, and it was a full-blown *game*. I wanna say they announced next year's theme was going to be Sonic-themed?

Either way, that's dope! Would definitely be interested to check that out, whatever you and your folks are working on there!

Top Bottom