• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Achieves 20,000 Steam Player Peak Roughly a Day After Launch

O3Zyfma.gif

Following the launch of the Atlus RPG Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance on Friday, June 14, 2024, the title has been doing rather well both critically and in terms of fan reception.

According to the Steam Database, the title has achieved a player peak of 20,128, which, as of the time of this writing, was only two hours ago. So, the numbers seem to keep on climbing.
AqVILci.png

These numbers are in stark contrast to the Steam player count of Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster, which was 1,906.

It’s also worth noting that the Steam reviews of Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance are overwhelmingly positive, with 97% of the 872 user reviews being in that range. So, this entry is definitely thriving.
LgLjvWR.png

I'm more interested in the peak launch counts on PlayStation and Xbox...

...oh wait, I forgot. Sony & Microsoft don't provide transparent player metrics for games on their systems. Just super-vague rankings.

Might be something they'd wanna improve on, no? Just a thought 🤔

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm more interested in the peak launch counts on PlayStation and Xbox...

...oh wait, I forgot. Sony & Microsoft don't provide transparent player metrics for games on their systems. Just super-vague rankings.

Might be something they'd wanna improve on, no? Just a thought 🤔

I floated this question in a topic here and console players seem to not want these metrics

Vouivre nude mod is out, enjoy!
Please atlus no more console exclusive for any of their games in future.
Speaking about Vouivre, she has quite a few cheeky lines when I recently talked with her in the new 'Demon Haunt' place that's been added to SMTVV.

Last edited:
I floated this question in a topic here and console players seem to not want these metrics

Well, maybe some of the people here don't. But by and large it'd only be helpful in gaming discourse if they were provided.

However I think Sony & Microsoft might be too attached to 3P publishers who otherwise don't want that type of info listed. Doesn't make sense for Sony & Microsoft to conceal it though, since they're supposedly all about MAU and "growth" now. They could just make it an opt-in system and lead by example.

Vouivre nude mod is out, enjoy!
Please atlus no more console exclusive for any of their games in future.

Already? The game just came out o.0

Speaking about Vouivre, she has quite a few cheeky lines when I recently talked with her in the new 'Demon Haunt' place that's been added to SMTVV.

Now I see why she got a nude mod so quickly.

Last edited:

JayK47

This looks interesting and I was not aware it was coming to Steam. Too many Atlus games to play on Steam lately.

Top Bottom