• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sim Racing manufacturer Fanatec in danger of corporate takeover

I'm liking what I'm hearing... Fanatec always had great products, but their corporate operations for me, were two-bit and I never felt comfortable investing in any of their products. I hope they turn good no matter what happens. Something really needed to change within.

*Nightwing

I heard they're having a bunch of fulfillment issues and that customer service has been a disaster. If true, a corporate takeover might do them some good.

I can not stress the horrendous customer service I received from this company and what took 6 months to get over 1800 euros of money refunded to me last year.

Do not fuck with this company at all.

I'm liking what I'm hearing... Fanatec always had great products, but their corporate operations for me, were two-bit and I never felt comfortable investing in any of their products. I hope they turn good no matter what happens. Something really needed to change within.
Exactly the point of the video. Fanatec was slowly turning around and made profit for the first time and had a plan with financial backing. Birkenstein Capital And affiliated employees that began working at Fanatec executive suit to turn around poor service,but instead purposely tanked it to horrendous service from Sept 2023 until now. All seemingly to have the stock tank to then buy at cents on the dollar.

But yeah, yay corpo overlords that destroyed a struggling company right as it turned itself around to profitability. Not to mention the vid docs all with receipts so great job on contributing to the topic substantially. Never change GAF!

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Exactly the point of the video. Fanatec was slowly turning around and made profit for the first time and had a plan with financial backing. Birkenstein Capital And affiliated employees that began working at Fanatec executive suit to turn around poor service,but instead purposely tanked it to horrendous service from Sept 2023 until now. All seemingly to have the stock tank to then buy at cents on the dollar.

But yeah, yay corpo overlords that destroyed a struggling company right as it turned itself around to profitability. Not to mention the vid docs all with receipts so great job on contributing to the topic substantially. Never change GAF!

Wait, are you insulting me?

I dreamed have having a fanatec set up. I've got a full GT Omega racing seat set up and ordered my fanatec gear with excitement.

I don't think you understand how absolutely horrific my experience was. So if you are trying to do a sly jab at me and not the fuxking shite company that is Fanatec. You can do one. Amazing products. Terrible service.

If they have had something bad happen to them, that sucks but a company almost stealing 2000 euros from me and having to go down the route of legal pressure to finally get a refund after months of stress and back and forth....Why the fuck should I have any sympathy for them.

Fuck em!

*Nightwing

Wait, are you insulting me?

I dreamed have having a fanatec set up. I've got a full GT Omega racing seat set up and ordered my fanatec gear with excitement.

I don't think you understand how absolutely horrific my experience was. So if you are trying to do a sly jab at me and not the fuxking shite company that is Fanatec. You can do one. Amazing products. Terrible service.

If they have had something bad happen to them, that sucks but a company almost stealing 2000 euros from me and having to go down the route of legal pressure to finally get a refund after months of stress and back and forth....Why the fuck should I have any sympathy for them.

Fuck em!
No, I’m saying you clearly didn’t watch the video or research anything beyond your own outdated anecdotal experience.

If you take offense to that, that’s on you, no me or anything I stated.

Buggy Loop

Don't touch Fanatec with a ten foot pole is a valid for over a year now. They're monumentally fucking up.

Moza Racing & Simagic are much better options nowadays.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
No, I’m saying you clearly didn’t watch the video or research anything beyond your own outdated anecdotal experience.

If you take offense to that, that’s on you, no me or anything I stated.

I watched the video. It's potentially awful what is happening to this classic race sim company BUT i am absolutely sorry, that video is n othing but a shareholder and ex Fanatec affiliate, who probably has loads of shares ultimately trying to save his investment.

Yes, he is highlighting what is quite clearly white collar crime and it shouldn't be allowed. The ex CEO is clearly a hero, if it is him posting on said forum....but for me as a customer....they attempted to rob 2 grand from me and that was last year.....so the company can suck my cock.

Last edited:

I fully admit that I'm only tangetially read up on this situation. That said, if a company is doing well in the first place, they typically don't have activist investors circling.

Ultimately, what matters is that Fanatec can return to their formerly great reputation.

*Nightwing

Ew, now I know you are trying to troll me! JK and apologies if you still offended, it’s not my intention to downplay your issues. This is now an issue of a company that had finally begun to turn around being taken over by a corporation looking to steal the value from the current shareholders and transfer it to themselves freely.

Just the same as there is no excuse for the lack of customer service you received as an individual, there is no excuse nor justification for a corporation clearly conspiring to take over a company that was on track turning it around for profit at the expense of the current shareholders and us as a sim racing community.
That's good. Not everyone has the same story:

Not personal to you….Ew Kireith the shiester used car salesman of sim racing. Not a great source

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Ew, now I know you are trying to troll me! JK and apologies if you still offended, it’s not my intention to downplay your issues. This is now an issue of a company that had finally begun to turn around being taken over by a corporation looking to steal the value from the current shareholders and transfer it to themselves freely.

Just the same as there is no excuse for the lack of customer service you received as an individual, there is no excuse nor justification for a corporation clearly conspiring to take over a company that was on track turning it around for profit at the expense of the current shareholders and us as a sim racing community.

Not personal to you….Ew Kireith the shiester used car salesman of sim racing. Not a great source

I completely misunderstood your post. No hard feelings. I understand I didn't give much context and just responded with anger towards Fanatec. I am on the same page as you and think the corporate robbery attempt to shareholders is disgusting and should be stopped.

I can not stress how excited I was to THINK I was finally going to get the full fanatec set up I'd dreamed off 15 or so years ago. After multiple failed attempts to deliver to the UK, becuase they couldn't donthe simple thing of getting a commercial invoice correct they attempted to hold my funds with no communication for months.

In comparison I reached out to moza and had products within 48 hours and the r9 wheel base is brilliant. The issue. I wanted an option for ps5 and xbox as well as pc.

Hopefully Moza gets a licensing deal from Sony after all of this mess.

Last edited:

MCplayer

You are so lucky. I ordered before you in August and only just got my refund in February. Where are you based?
I live in Portugal, I've bought my wheelbase, wrc wheel and pedals about 6 or 5 years ago, and last year blackfriday, a new formula wheel, new pedals, shifter

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I live in Portugal, I've bought my wheelbase, wrc wheel and pedals about 6 or 5 years ago, and last year blackfriday, a new formula wheel, new pedals, shifter

I guess you are OK, thanks to being in a European country. Wish I was at the time.

hollams

Gold Member
I've been purchasing from Fanatec since Nov 5, 2012, and I have never had an issue with shipments, I'm in the US so maybe that's why. I like their products and the only one I didn't like was the handbrake as it just felt cheap. I switched out the handbrake for the VNM Rally handbrake which feels great. I also switched out my V3 Pedals that I purchased in 2015 for the SimMagic Inverted P1000 since I eventually want to try their haptic feedback.

*Nightwing

A current investor in Germany explaining the situation:

A German investment channel corroborating (in German use auto translate CC if you care to watch)

*Nightwing

Corsair entering the drama to buy from out under the shareholders and founder

Top Bottom