• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skate. will be available on Steam for PC players. Targeting a release for FY 2026.

Frwrd

The game seems to be targeting a 2026 release:

So much secrecy when developing this fucking game.
It already is bad enough being free-to-play and all that parkour dumb shit, they need to get thousands upon thousands of players to alpha-test and beta-test this game on all platforms to ensure the quality of the past games isn’t lost.

Then again, it’s EA who am I kidding. The game will be riddled with fucking MTXs and unnecessary shit in the game regardless of what is expressed by the testers/players.

Crossing my fingers hoping that I’m wrong all the way.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Kids from the 2000s were programmed on Tony hawk, skate will teach kids today how to skateboard.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Okay, I initially applauded the fact that the dev team showed such early pre-alpha footage, but a 2026 release window… that is waaaaayyy too long to stay hyped for this game. That tells me this game is going to be extremely ambitious, and therefore probably bloated with a ton of standard F2P season-based bullshit.

I’d much rather just have a game with competent skateboarding mechanics alongside half a dozen or so locales. When I watched the pre-alpha footage, my thoughts were “oh shit, this looks incredibly fun! Just add in your textures and let ‘er rip!” Now I’m worried that they’re going to spend waaaaayyyy too much money and dev time on this, and it won’t yield the returns they’re looking for.

Deft Beck

This game should've come out years ago. They're stringing along fans for way too long for something that can't possibly live up to their expectations.

Top Bottom