• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Google wants me to take part in a survey...

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Absolute state of this letter I got posted through the old timey method from Google, we want to monitor everything you do on all the technology in your house as part of a survey and here's a £5 voucher for your fucking troubles... Really!? Are there people out there gullible desperate enough for this shite?? Brazen neck on the cunts, I would've loved this to be a person calling at my door promoting this, it would've been glorious tearing them apart for this bullshit

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
CF12vN2.jpeg

Last edited:

Smiggs

I got something like that last year from Google, and I think it was for a similar thing, but it seems like it paid quite a bit more, like a $150 gift card or something? Either way, I filed it in the trash post haste.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
At first I was shocked, but it's so absurd that all I can do is laugh. Five fucking quid.
I know right lol, I was reading it thinking maybe they'll offer a new pixel phone or tablet or serious discount but no... A fucking fiver lol miserable bastards

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
£5 SHOPPING VOUCHER :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Soodanim

I know right lol, I was reading it thinking maybe they'll offer a new pixel phone or tablet or serious discount but no... A fucking fiver lol miserable bastards
Dear Mr Macready

If you wouldn't mind bending over and letting us go to town, you will be rewarded in the way only a $2 trillion company can. Please enjoy this exclusive card that entitles you to free Costa coffee* as a show of our appreciation for your participation.

Kind regards
Your friends at Google

*Your voucher can be redeemed for one (1) small sized drink from the non-seasonal menu with no additions. Voucher not redeemable on weekends or in major cities. Offer expires 14 days from issuance.

AJUMP23

I did Nielsen several years ago and got $7 when it was worth something. I would not want google doing this.

BlackTron

Gold Member
They already take as much as they can get as-is, only reason they bribe five bucks is to put literal hardware in your house so they can take even more.

Outlier

WOW! A whopping 5Monies voucher! :pie_moneyface:
You could buy a whole... bag of Doritos. What a deal.

I'd rather gamble my money.

Fbh

Yeah it's pretty insane that anyone would agree to this for £5.
Not only are you inviting google to spy on you even more than normal, but the whole interview process and having to set up the devices sounds like an annoying time commitment

I got one as well and had pretty much the same reaction. I'd expect a ton more compensation for the amount of spying they'd be doing.

The fuckers want you to do a video interview as well to apply? lol

I once had an offer to trial an iptv service for a year, had to fill in a form every few months... For my troubles I got a free set top box (with channels), router and broadband. I got to keep the kit at the end of it. That was just about worth it.

Top Bottom