• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone recommend me some nice sunglasses

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
With the infernal heat and blinding sunshine that the summer has brought. I want some new sunglasses. I have some Tom Ford aviators which for some reason I can't get the pic to upload. My aesthetic is sort of beach/bohemian/Italian/hoochie daddy/heathen. Nothing too pricey. I'm broke. Thanks Gaf!

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

maxresdefault.jpg

Irish sunglasses?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Warby Parker has a lot of styles that are affordable, if there is one near you it's easy to go check it out. If you're not cool enough to wear Pit Vipers, of course.

Last edited:

lem0n

I don't know what any of these descriptors are but I'm sure you're very hip

Get a bunch of different cheap styles on Amazon and return all the ones you don't like

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief

This is my go to for good glasses at a good price. All types of styles and they use metal hinges.

My favorite pair:

man5iBN.jpeg

( no affiliation)
886424.jpg

Last edited:

-Minsc-

This reminds me it's time to go to Walmart and pick up a new pair of sunglasses to slip over my prescription glasses.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
With the infernal heat and blinding sunshine that the summer has brought. I want some new sunglasses. I have some Tom Ford aviators which for some reason I can't get the pic to upload. My aesthetic is sort of beach/bohemian/Italian/hoochie daddy/heathen. Nothing too pricey. I'm broke. Thanks Gaf!

Like anything in life, you get what you pay for. I know you said you want to go cheap, but think of it as an investment. You won't need to buy another pair for years and years.

The absolute best sunglasses I've owned and still do are Oliver Peoples R-3 . They're expensive at £425, but if you want the classic Italian looks with a well made pair that'll last you years, then look no further than these beauties.

0OV5555SU__13929A__P21__shad__qt.png

They have more designs and colours, but I have the above ones and I love them.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Like anything in life, you get what you pay for. I know you said you want to go cheap, but think of it as an investment. You won't need to buy another pair for years and years.

The absolute best sunglasses I've owned and still do are Oliver Peoples R-3 . They're expensive at £425, but if you want the classic Italian looks with a well made pair that'll last you years, then look no further than these beauties.

I want to stay around $350 if possible. Those look really nice. I like them.

Last edited:

Winter John

There’s only one answer and you know what it is. Rayban Wayfarers. Everything else is bullshit. When I see people who aren’t wearing Wayfarers I wonder what went wrong in their lives. What horrible tragedy was it that reduced them to wearing subpar, unacceptable bullshit. It’s sad. I feel sad for them. I’ve actually been thinking about starting a shelter for hawt college chicks who don’t have Raybans. They could come and live in my specially built dorm where they could get naked and have pillow fights sponsored by Rayban.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
There’s only one answer and you know what it is. Rayban Wayfarers. Everything else is bullshit. When I see people who aren’t wearing Wayfarers I wonder what went wrong in their lives. What horrible tragedy was it that reduced them to wearing subpar, unacceptable bullshit. It’s sad. I feel sad for them. I’ve actually been thinking about starting a shelter for hawt college chicks who don’t have Raybans. They could come and live in my specially built dorm where they could get naked and have pillow fights sponsored by Rayban.

Raybans are the vanilla sunglasses. Run of the mill. Average in quality and design. The basic bitch of sunglasses.

Real alphas with style and class buy Oilver Peoples or Persol.

Winter John

Raybans are the vanilla sunglasses. Run of the mill. Average in quality and design. The basic bitch of sunglasses.

Real alphas with style and class buy Oilver Peoples or Persol.
Tell yourself whatever it takes to get through the night, but deep down you know there is only one and that’s Rayban. Everything else is subpar, including your bullshit Succession wannabes

Jorav

Gold Member
I know you mentioned you're on a budget but it pays to look after your eyes. Minimum polarised. I enjoy my Maui Jims but they're not cheap. There's an obvious difference in clarity between cheap and good sunglasses. I've never lost a pair of sunglasses or damaged any, so i think about it being a long term investment

Tams

Don't buy from the Luxottica mafia.

They own pretty every designer brand of glasses.

Top Bottom