• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Team is up for more Sonic remasters

Draugoth

Gold Member
Sonic-remastered-656x364.jpg

The Sonic series has already been remastered a couple of times with Sonic Colors and the upcoming Sonic x Shadow Generations, but it seems that SEGA may not stop there.

Sonic Team’s Takashi Iizuka recently spoke about what could come next in an interview with IGN. He noted that

Here’s what Iizuka had to say in the interview regarding Sonic going the remastered route again in the future:

“When we remastered Sonic Colors and there was Sonic Colors: Ultimate, we kind of wanted to think about what we could bring next as a remastered title. At that time, Sonic Generations was kind of what everyone was really excited (about), what they really wanted, and was really hungry for. That’s why we chose to do Sonic Generations and we added the Shadow Generations portion. Depending on what people like out there, if there’s a title people like, we’ll think about it for the next remaster.”

Saber

Gold Member
Hmm..they could bring back All Star Racing. Its a fun cheesy racing game, used to play alot during on my 360.
They could also bring Sonic Riders as well. While its not the best racing game it has its charm, interesting types and routes mechanic and the soundtrack is catchy. Used to play alot on GC.

Fret Runner

Honestly a remaster/remake like Crisis Core got for Sonic Adventure 1&2 would be fucking awesome. How they haven't fully done that to them yet baffles me.
I mean, they have already done a bunch of levels from them with generations an stuff so why not finally pull the trigger on proper remakes?
Free them from their janky broken prisons (Still love them flaws an all though) Maybe it would help pave the way for a SA3.

poodaddy

Gold Member
I think they could easily fix loading times to non-existent and a lot of glitches and graphics issues. I think they could do something interesting with it.
Then there's the matter of it just simply not being a good game. Even if it's completely fixed up from a technical perspective, it's simply not a well designed game, nor does it control well or have a well written scenario.

Saber

Gold Member
I think they could easily fix loading times to non-existent and a lot of glitches and graphics issues. I think they could do something interesting with it.

I strongly believe they can't fix those problems at all and I'm 100% sure they got no interest in this game whatsoever. The game is a mess regardless of most of its problems.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Gold Member
Are they serious? Remaster Unleashed already.

It seems good enough on Xbox BC, but if they can do a remaster of a game that was a collection of remastered levels that came out 3 years after Unleashed did, uh yeah may as well. And un-trap it from Xbox

Pelao

I'd be down for a Sonic 06 remaster, but I feel like it would need so much work to fix, well, everything, that at that point it would be better to just make a new game.

Arcane0ne

I want Fixed 06 remaster,Unleashed with turning off option Werehog battle music and also shadow- heroes-SA1 and 2 remake .

BlackTron

Gold Member
You can mod it and make it look really good. HD textures, better geometry, reverting back to the superior DC lighting, etc.

Yeah the mod manager makes it a few clicks. I basically have the DC version in full HD now, which is much better than I ever expect from a remake lol

They fucked up Sonic Origins and Sonic Colours. Please stop or hire more competent personal like Christian Whitehead. If you can't make good new games, at least don't fuck up your classics all the time too.

BlackTron

Gold Member
They fucked up Sonic Origins and Sonic Colours. Please stop or hire more competent personal like Christian Whitehead. If you can't make good new games, at least don't fuck up your classics all the time too.

Not only did they fuck up origins, but they deslisted the existing versions of the games to make you use it instead.

They couldn't even put the game gear games on the cart, it's a download code

Worthless

Astral Dog

They want to make Sonic an almost yearly franchise, of course there are going to release more remasters,but it won't be long until they need to decide on a beloved classic like Lost Worlds

personally i would like to see the Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush trilogy in new platforms,these are very good games.

I would be interested in Sonic Unleashed HD as well since i never played the original,
other than that, proper Remakes of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 with various improvments

Top Bottom