• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Makes Changes To PSN Backend To Pave Way For Future PC/PS5 Cross-Platform Releases

Sony better get their shit together if they really want to attract the pc crowd. Nobody on pc cares enough about their sub par Ubisoft clones or dad simulators to sign up to PSN. StellarBlade was the exception. I understand the fanboys don’t want to hear it but Sony needs pc players more than pc players need Sony.
This is the dumbest take I’ve heard in the month of May so far.

reinking

Gold Member
Tons of games have crossplay with no logins. For instance, Helldivers 2 and Tekken 8. For communication everyone is using Discord anyway.

It’s just a needless chore to have to login. Sucks when MS, Ubi, EA, etc do it and it will suck Sony does it. Not a deal breaker for me but people have been complaining about EA and Ubi on PC for over a decade at this point. You just weren’t paying attention because it didn’t concern your console brand.
Nothing to do with "my console brand" since I have every console and PC. Not every question is about brand. I'm just a little confused why the line is drawn here. As you said, people have complained about other services but not the extreme we have seen recently. I think what Topher Topher said makes sense, it was just the implementation of Helldivers II. I suppose people are sensitive to creating a PSN account after that fiasco and probably will be for a long time.

Dundar

I mean, it's quite clear where this is going. You're going to mumble and grumble now. You'll get Bloodborne for Ps6 and Pc and then you'll have your fuckin PSN account and you'll like it.
In the meanwhile, you could have played Ghost online if you wanted. Or you could have spent your time mumbling and grumbling some more.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I mean, it's quite clear where this is going. You're going to mumble and grumble now. You'll get Bloodborne for Ps6 and Pc and then you'll have your fuckin PSN account and you'll like it.
In the meanwhile, you could have played Ghost online if you wanted. Or you could have spent your time mumbling and grumbling some more.

Nothing wrong with people complaining. And I see plenty of folks mumbling and grumbling about others mumbling and grumbling. Either way, people are less likely to complain if there is actual value that a login brings to the game. PSN trophies is a good example of that. But not everyone cares about that and so it is good that in those cases the login is optional.

Dundar

Nothing wrong with people complaining. And I see plenty of folks mumbling and grumbling about others mumbling and grumbling. Either way, people are less likely to complain if there is actual value that a login brings to the game. PSN trophies is a good example of that. But not everyone cares about that and so it is good that in those cases the login is optional.
Sure, complaining is no problem if there's a worthwhile cause. What's cringe is all the "yes because WE PC PLAYERS do things", I mean, I am a pc player lol but still it's beyond ridiculous at this point.
I get the problem for Helldivers being a fully online game becoming not available after launch, that was stupid, no questions asked. But having the same kind of charade start again for Ghost online and retorting to "we did not even want Ghost anyway" is honestly embarassing as a take, while at the same time parading Steam/Gabe around like it's a goddamned icon of freedom and liberty while it's a DRM system in the first place.

Sentenza

Reading comprehension is clearly too difficult for you. Fuck off retard.
Have you tried making sense and not sounding mentally impaired, for a change?
It would help.

Maybe someone else than drganon "the autism guru" would be on your side then.

Topher

Gold Member
Sure, complaining is no problem if there's a worthwhile cause. What's cringe is all the "yes because WE PC PLAYERS do things", I mean, I am a pc player lol but still it's beyond ridiculous at this point.
I get the problem for Helldivers being a fully online game becoming not available after launch, that was stupid, no questions asked. But having the same kind of charade start again for Ghost online and retorting to "we did not even want Ghost anyway" is honestly embarassing as a take, while at the same time parading Steam/Gabe around like it's a goddamned icon of freedom and liberty while it's a DRM system in the first place.

Not sure who you are quoting here. Folks on the internet say stupid stuff. Who cares? The only issue with Ghost that I am aware of is the country restrictions. So I'm sure folks in countries blocked from buying the game due to no PSN servers think that's a worthy cause for complaining.

Last edited:
Top Bottom