• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park went for Lizzo and it was savage AF

Buggy Loop

Excited John Cena GIF by WWE

That was brutal. But legit, peoples promoting that its fine to eat to the point of morbid obesity and fat-positive narratives shouldn't have a safe space, they should be ridiculed for the idea. It's dangerous for your health, no way around it.

Props for her to react to it though. Takes balls.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Ok who's lizza and why am I typi I mean asking why this if funny. Enlighten me with context etc OP

She's a singer. She's been a proactivist of fat-positive bodies for years now. Basically, you know, it's fine to eat disgustingly, eat whatever you want, obeses is fine, feel good. Which is a crazy message.

South park went for the Ozempic weight loss alternative, where you take pills to lose weight, they invented "Lizzo" which is a pill of simply not giving a fuck about being fat.

Not sure how much more I can explain it.

Buggy Loop

Why is that guy reacting to a reaction video?

Can't have the original south park episode on youtube nor her reaction directly, far as I know, feel free to find one and I'll update OP.

Asmongold basically starts a twitch and goes through suggested reddit threads, which ended up being this video in the background.

I guess there's this one

But needlessly long

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm going to watch it tonight

I remember when she was focusing on slimming down naturally by working out, all these idiots shamed her and said "you're a traitor!" And "you're body shaming us by losing weight!"

She's back on her weight loss/fitness journey but not posting about it because of that bullying by "fans"

I’m not saying it is right or wrong. But it was the most “old school” South Park in at least 10 years. I didn’t think the writers had that in them anymore.

RavageX

Was she the one a while back was doing something nasty on stage? I can't remember what exactly, throwing apples from her crotch or something like that.

I could be thinking of someone else entirely.

Last edited:

Pejo

Watching a recorded livestream reaction video of a tiktok of Lizzo livestreaming herself reacting to a recorded episode of South Park.

The internet has just hit full saturation, babyyyyyy.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
What kind of a name is 'Lizzo'? It's fucken shit.
Like a lame old person's fake personality nickname from the council estate I grew up on. "Alright Lizzo, you playing bingo down the pub later?" Aww I can't, my hip is aching and I've got the grandkids later

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I don't think this skit was "savage" per se , but it was clever.
I wonder if this will now make Lizzo more self-conscious, though?

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I get a giggle out of South Park, lizzo is right that some people think being fat is a crime, but when you surround yourself with candy, sugary foods I think you set yourself up for poor health.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I see nothing wrong with Ozempic or other weight-loss miracle cure drugs so long as there aren't life-threatening side effects. They can cause diarrhea, but so will Taco Bell. And with a vengeance!

Thought it was nice that the South Park episode wasn't saying those drugs are "cheating", instead they poked fun at the stolen valor of people taking them and then attributing their progress to "Pilates and stuff" lol

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
South Park has been so based as of late. I mean they always have but especially nowadays.

I think of all the animated comedy shows, South Park is the only one that's been consistently good.

well at the end they do say not to fat shame so
As I said, I am not saying it was good or bad.

I am suprised the writers could come up with material like that. It has been a long time since they have. The writing for South Park has generally been overall pretty bad for at least a decade. Likely, much longer.

Toots

Gold Member
They did not went for Lizzo as much as they riffed on the fact that rich people have access to unnecessary drugs poor people can't afford but still want because of how society makes us crave endlessly for unnecessary shit, and everyone tries to rationalize it any way they can.
Lizzo has nothing to do with crazy activist having her as some model of health (or does she ? i don't know jack about her apart she plays the flute).
The rich thrive in this unfair society and openly fucks with the poor i think is the point off that lizzo drug.

Of course there's the small part where listening to lizzo makes you shit through your ears but that's just SP humour :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Anyway about the moral of the ep, there's a Coluche (aka the god emperor of laughter) joke dating back to the cold war era which is basically a broader Lizzo joke. It goes : "some dude in the USSR looses his job and cannot afford to buy basic commodities for his family. Some friend tells him about a governmental bureau specially created to help people in this situation, with a phone number to call. The guy calls and a bureaucrat respond. The guy explains his situation, and the dude at the other end of the line tells him "don't you worry, just tell us what you need, and we'll tell you how to do without."

Top Bottom