• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter Re-release Coming August 1

Draugoth

Gold Member

Aspyr will release an updated version of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on August 1, the developer announced.

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter first launched for PlayStation 2 on November 22, 2002, followed by GameCube on December 5, 2002.

Here is an overview of the game, via Aspyr:

About
Bring in your bounty, dead or alive.
Key Features

• Let the Hunt Begin – In this classic third-person actionadventure, you’ll become Jango Fett, Prime Clone of the Grand Army of the Republic, hired to capture a deranged Dark Jedi.
  • Relive the Timeless TaleExperience the legendary Bounty Hunter fantasy set before the events of Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones. Face off against foes and maneuver through acrobatic battles in this adaption optimized for today’s consoles and hardware.
  • Armed to the Teeth – Fight your way through the galaxy’s underbelly, equipped with Dual Blasters, your Flamethrower, Whipcord, and pure Mandalorian Rage.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Listen Darth Vader GIF by Boba Fett Fan Club

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Aspyr messed up battlefront that’s a fact, bounty hunter I first played on ps2 and it was pretty good.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Watch them delist the PS2 classic on PS4 when this remaster releases.
Good thing I already own the piece of garbage. It was included in the Star Wars collection that came out on PS4 during the “Force is With PlayStation” promo. Only way you could get Super Star Wars.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Good thing I already own the piece of garbage. It was included in the Star Wars collection that came out on PS4 during the “Force is With PlayStation” promo. Only way you could get Super Star Wars.

What? I bought Super Star Wars separately. Was the collection a US only thing?

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Really random and unexpected. I never got around to playing this, but it sounds like a few people really enjoyed it. I wonder why they decided to do it for this and not a different SW title...

I loved this game for PS2, but it is objectively a bad game.

I'd buy this on PC, but chances are it's going to be shittier than the original version.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Aspyr will release an updated version of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on August 1, the developer announced.

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter first launched for PlayStation 2 on November 22, 2002, followed by GameCube on December 5, 2002.

Here is an overview of the game, via Aspyr:

lol at Watto Female xD

CamHostage

Really random and unexpected. I never got around to playing this, but it sounds like a few people really enjoyed it. I wonder why they decided to do it for this and not a different SW title...

Aspyr already resurrected a few big SW titles; they have out Republic Commando, Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Racer, Star Wars TFU (albeit it is based on the Krome PS2/PSP/Wii version rather than the Lucasarts original, which secretly is a way better game but still it's not the version most expected to get remastered,) plus KOTOR 1+2 on Switch and then the Battlefront Collection. Some big titles are obviously missing from their selection (KOTOR on console, Rogue Squadron, Starfighter,) but they have a few wished-for ports.

Battlefront is the one they catastrophically fucked up (and the KOTOR mobile/Switch versions have some grumbles to them,) but as far as I know the mainline games they are straight-porting where they don't have to support online play have been fine and welcomed? Aspyr is a small company (they mostly did Mac releases of existing PC games for years and years) and they have made colossal mistakes in trying to swim up to a bigger pond, but if they would just stay in their lane re-releasing games that publishers are either unavailable or uninterested in resurrecting, they'd be in the right lane for what they're capable of delivering...

Killer8

The upgraded lighting looks pretty good and I also spotted some nice motion blur.

Aspyr have had some catastrophic releases like that recent Battlefront game but they have also had some hits like the Tomb Raider trilogy remaster, which I thought was phenomenal.

They are no Nightdive but can put out solid work if they try.

Top Bottom