• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws can be finished in 30 hours

Draugoth

Gold Member
star-wars-outlaws-h-1440x810.jpg

In an interview with VGC following the game’s big reveal at Monday’s Ubisoft Forward showcase, Gerighty discussed how long the game will take to complete, as well as the decision to cut a significant feature from Massive’s original vision for the title.

“Very, very early on, we decided this is going to be a 25, 30 hours golden path adventure, 50 hours, 60 hours for completionists, and that is, for a guy with a family and a job, it’s still a fair amount of time.

Source

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Sounds good to me. 30-60 hours depending on whether you're a completionist or not is the right amount of time to engage with an open world game. 150-200 hours is just bonkers these days and lead to fatigue half way through (unless you're something exceptional, like Elden Ring or FF7 Rebirth).

Main story 30 hours, 60 for 100%? Not bad. Hours dont matter as long as what youre doing in them is fun. Will the story and extra stuff be entertaining in this game? I have my doubts, but I do want more sci-fi games in my life so Ill play it.

semiconscious

Gold Member
still waiting to hear/see something about this game (other than her hair, of course) that'll discourage me...

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Sounds excessive. I'm sure there will.be plenty of filler to get them to that number.

Just about perfect. Don't need 100 hour AC:Valhalla type games. I don't mind having extra things to do, but they need to be worth doing or they are just filler.

Red5

If it means less Ubi bloat and I can focus on my Star Wars free roaming bounty hunting fantasy then that's great.

Quantum253

Does anyone know when Trophy/Achievement lists are released? It seems that it's right around launch. I'm curious of what non-story related things/playthroughs it has

Bungie

Sounds good, 100% Spider-Man 2 in a little over 20 hours, 30 is usually a sweet spot for these type of games.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Would really like there to be more games where it wasn't just a choice of doing the main questline only for 25 hours, or doing everything at 70. What about a game where you can technically finish it in thirty minutes, if you make certain choices? What about more choice of runtime, dependent on the way you play it? How about a game where if you choose to be a psychotic madman, it ends one way in three hours, and if you chose to be a total pacifist, it ends in 45?

We've had a few rare examples of this, but game development seems stuck in such a fucking by-the-numbers rut, with Ubisoft being the kings of it. Maybe if they were developing for only the most advanced hardware things would be different, with more choice and more creativity.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Gold Member

Same.

I'd argue most open world games I bought, I beat.

Like....vast majority.

Spiderman, Days Gone, AC Origins, Horizon Zero Dawn, Cyberpunk 2077, Mafia 3, Mafia 1 remake etc I'd argue open world games being beaten is more so based on the gamer then the game.

If you generally don't finish most games, I don't know if open world or not would matter. If the game is fun, engaging, has a good story etc, I'll generally finish it (that isn't to say those that I don't finish are bad, life happens some times folks)

Top Bottom