• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Lite Hyrule Edition coming September 26th 2024

Banjo64

cumsessed
photo_3.png
photo_2.png
photo_1.png
nintendo_switch_lite_hyrule_ediiton_photo-1160x680.jpeg

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The Switch Lite is the least interesting Nintendo handheld they’ve made imo, but I own literally every other handheld (aside from specific G&Ws), so I’ll eventually buy one. I guess this is as good a version as any to grab.

Codes 208

Gold Member
Now that i think of it its kinda smart to make it a lite. Trying to sell a $350 oled at the end of the switch’s lifespan would be a harder sell than a much cheaper $200 lite

That said, i actually love the design of this one. Reminds me of the Link between worlds special edition

Though i gotta admit my favorite zelda special edition has to be the OoT3d og 3ds. Gilded look was so good

Last edited:
I'd buy it at clearance, I like the design but dislike Switch Lites. Already have TotK OLED though, so I guess I'm good.

That said, i actually love the design of this one. Reminds me of the Link between worlds special edition

Yes, looks a lot like that. I still have and play that edition. Good times.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
What's one more on top of all the other releases? It will just sit in a box with the rest of them...besides I have hill giant hands so I would grind into dust if I actually played on it.

Ozzie666

I still don't know how any gamer over 40 can read that screen! Seems like a bit of a hardware/stock dump, I can't imagine it will sell much at all.

Pejo

The last image in the OP looks like they replaced a Godiva chocolate with a Switch Lite.

I probably wouldn't buy a new Switch at this point in its life cycle regardless, but I'd be more tempted if they offered this aesthetic on an OLED model with detachable joycons.

Maybe they'll make a similar Switch 2 design in the future.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
My daughter went with the Switch Lite. Never again with their control stick issues.
One of the main reasons I didn't choose the Lite. However, the Lite version is so light and small that it's more suitable for handheld use compared to the regular Switch, especially for kids. If it didn't have the drift issue and could somehow connect to a TV, I would have chosen the Lite version without hesitation.

Top Bottom