• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell opening new 'Cantina' locations with booze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both a Chicago and San Francisco location applied for liquor licenses earlier this year and it will apparently be part of Taco Bell's new Cantina restaurants, which will consist of tapas-style appetizers, tech savvy experiences, no drive-thrus, and yes, booze.

We've been tracking Taco Bell's boozy endeavors and its Chicago location will officially launch September 22, with the San Francisco location set to launch soon after.

Trying to connect with younger folks, Taco Bell said an urban concept is the perfect way to do so:

"These new restaurants are a critical part of our growth strategy in markets where people experience our brand differently. "

The Taco Bell Cantinas will also use eco-friendly LED lighting, will have an open kitchen so you can see all the fun workers are having making your Chalupa, and digital menus for you to order from.

Read more at http://www.foodbeast.com/news/taco-bell-cantina/#Hylrqq5QQcRbLa0k.99

Taco-Bell-Cantina-Wicker-PR-02.jpg

cantina-tapas.jpg

Taco Time in Canada has this in certain locations. I went to one in BC where they served me a taco on an actual plate (not paper) and brought me a beer with a glass. It was pretty much the best day of my life.

Doesn't sound half bad, though usually Taco Bell is a place to sober up from alcohol. Having more rum at the place you stumble into at 2am - I can see that ending poorly for people.

norm9

A couple dorito locos taco Supremes and a beer would hit the spot.

And if they're going more high end, I'd assume theyd work a little harder at the presentation of the food.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Still doesnt seem as good as Taco Cabana.

But tequila in baja blast is something everyone can enjoy.

UrokeJoe

It's funny how Starbucks took off in grocery stores. I remember thinking "who is going to sit down in a grocery store for coffee"? Then They did. Whole Foods serves beer in there stores and it's crazy packed with people. Crazy times...

Taco Bell is supposed to be for after a night of drinking, but we'll see how this goes. Not well I think.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
It's funny how Starbucks took off in grocery stores. I remember thinking "who is going to sit down in a grocery store for coffee"? Then They did. Whole Foods serves beer in there stores and it's crazy packed with people. Crazy times...
That's old. Remember Kmart used to have pizza and Costco does this.

Seeing fast food places try to branch out and open more "upscale" type restaurants is hilarious to me. It's still fucking Taco Bell after all.

I mean they aren't trying to be upscale they're saying "we know it's drunk food so how about we cut out the middle man and you just get drunk here?"

otapnam

Once this thing gets going, they'll be able to sell it to franchisers and maybe even improve the whole concept.

Yeah its kind of weird for taco bell to get into this space but it could sell - just wondering what happens when drunks n wine-os start hitting up the place

Rafy

First thing that popped into my mind was the Star Wars cantina. I'd be awesome if they modeled one of the locations after it and serve a blue milk twisted freeze...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom