• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsuya Izumi Leaves Nippon Ichi Software; Known for Labyrinth of Refrain, Labyrinth of Galleria, The Witch and the Hundred Knight

GQr5_PBaUAEDeda

Tatsuya Izumi has announced this departure from Nippon Ichi Software while now being a freelancer and seemingly establishing a new company called 26Works. However, further details were not provided.

Izumi played integral roles in several notable projects, such as Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk, Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society, the Prinny series, and The Witch and the Hundred Knight.

Thanks to Noisy Pixel, Gematsu and Denfaminicogamer for sharing this news.

[Sigma]

I remember playing The Witch and Hundred Knight for first time going into it blind and slowly realizing how dark it is lol. I liked the game despite the technical problems it had on PS3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I remember playing The Witch and Hundred Knight for first time going into it blind and slowly realizing how dark it is lol. I liked the game despite the technical problems it had on PS3.
There's a PlayStation 4 Revival version.

It includes new content and fixes some of the technical problems especially the game breaking bug that some say even bricks your PlayStation 3.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Thanks for convincing me to play it 👀
Make sure you get the PlayStation 4 Revival version because as mentioned above, the PlayStation 3 version has some real serious bugs that some claim even have bricked their PlayStation 3.

Plus the Revival version has additional content.

Anyways, it's probably what one would consider a Japanese Diablo APRG but also quite different. You should definitely check it out.

GHound

Gold Member
Shame, I can't say NIS has a glut of decent directors or game designers to be losing arguably their best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Never played any of his stuff, but I've been tempted by the Refrain and Galleria games. Witch and the Hundred Knight also seems interesting - didn't even realize it got re-released on PS4 or that there was a sequel. Maybe I should finally give some of this stuff a chance.

Top Bottom