• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terry Brain, co-creator of UK series "Trap Door" has passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAlu

Searched but couldn't see it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-35907091

The animator who co-created the 1980s children's TV hit Trap Door has died.

Terry Brain, from Bristol, "passed away peacefully" on Friday morning, at the age of 60, after a two-year battle with cancer, his son David Brain said.

"He was my hero - an amazing guy, funny. Right up until the last time I saw him... he was still trying to crack jokes through it," he said.

Along with fellow animator Charlie Mills, he was also behind Stoppit and Tidyup.

The pair were referred to as "Brainbox Mills".
The animator, from Fishponds, was discovered by television artist Tony Hart, and joined his programme Hartbeat.

After working across the road from Bristol-based Aardman Animation, he joined them and worked on some of their biggest hits, including Shaun the Sheep, Chicken Run and Wallace and Gromit.
RIP good sir. Trap Door was an great little series from my childhood. Time to binge watch the whole thing!

Simo

I haven't heard that Trap Door theme in a great many years and listening to it now...woo boy, that's quite a time trip to my childhood.

RIP sir.

And another one bites the dust.

Shame to hear him go - only learned about Trap Door this year, but I can always appreciate some proper claymation.

Impotaku

RIP.

I think there was an associated computer game.

Great theme tune too.

TrapDoor_05.jpg

Yup it was for spectrum, that's what i had it on. Not sure if was released on others, used to love the show when i was a kid the claymation was great.

RIP.

Such a great show. My girlfriend and I recently binge watched the whole thing and it's way funnier than I remember from being a kid.

"It's better to 'ave what you've got, than to get rid of it, and not 'ave it."

retroman

Oh globbits, that's sad news :(

Great show, great theme tune, great video game.

Thanks for the many hours of joy and entertainment you've given me.

Rest in peace.

Flynn77

Awesome show, great spectrum game. Thanks for the memories good sir, RIP.

Also:

Drutt the spider = tturd .Genius :)

Mr_Moogle

RIP.

Absolutely loved Trap Door as a kid.

Will have to watch the whole thing over. The episodes are pretty short. You could binge watch the entire series in an hour or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom