• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bear S3 | All Episodes Out Now | June 27th

YCoCg

Gold Member
We need more threads about TV shows on here! Season 3 of The Bear has dropped on Hulu and other places (Disney+ for most places outside of the US) so it's time to get stuck in!

If you don't have time to rewatch Season 1 and 2, or it's been a while since you've seen it, here's a good recap video to get you up to speed:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Forks is the best episode of TV ever. I'll die on this hill

Edit: wow a lot of real life chefs this ep

Edit 2: man this show is bringing back terrible memories from my several years in a kitchen

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Seems universally liked, but also the weakest of the three by a small amount - based on critics and users like us-

oP5Ub0k.jpeg

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
Seasons 1 & 2 are is some of the best written TV in recent years.

I'll watch season 3 and not worry about "reddit." If the show keeps doing what it is doing (ie complex characters, good writing, intense acting...then I will like it).

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I didn’t love Season 2 as much as Season 1 but I seam to be alone in that. I just didn’t find all the character development that interesting outside of the 2 mains. Desert guy is just boring and his acting is off putting.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Binged season 3

Man one of the most disappointing seasons of TV I can remember and not because it wasn't well made

The quality of acting and directing is still superb but what a meandering, meaningless plot. The few plot threads they had going go absolutely nowhere by episode 10

It felt like Disney told them to just start filming during the writers strike and they just picked up some discarded side plots from season 2 and made entire episodes from them. That or they were told to just start dragging everything out.

The first episode has no plot at all, just a weird fever dream. Then there are multiple entire episodes dedicated to the side cast except those characters like Tina have zero role in the rest of the season. And it's not like these were bad episodes, on their own they are great. But added nothing to the progress of the season

Richie and Carmen get no progress at all. Sydney just goes in circles and nothing happens after ten episodes.

Weird and a let down

Last edited:
Started watching it last night. I don't binge watch because I'm not depressed... Right now, anyway. Seen a lot of criticism for it but the 2nd episode seemed like one step forward two steps back.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Binged season 3

Man one of the most disappointing seasons of TV I can remember and not because it wasn't well made

Weird and a let down
Seen a lot of criticism for it but the 2nd episode seemed like one step forward two steps back.
I have 2 episodes left to watch & I'm sorta relieved I'm not the only one with those feelings. I thought there was something wrong with me 😄

There's no narrative sense of direction.
There are a lot of long silent moments of intimate reflection or whatever which absolutely don't connect with me.

I thought at first it was because I watched season 2 a while ago but I'm not sure now.

Anyway will finish watching but yes a bit disappointed.

jonnyp

What a boring, aimless and pointless season. The arguing is so repetitive, boring and contrived. Same with the "comedy" where people act like absolute retards in poor attempts to be funny (Matheson's character especially).

Too much time spent on flashbacks and non-important stuff. The plot barely moved at all this season.

Man I don’t get all the complaints. I’ve binged the first six episodes and it’s great. The characters all have great chemistry. The Faks and their dynamic are hilarious. Loved seeing a backstory for Tina and more for Mikey.

Sonik

I liked this season as much as the second one which was not that much, my problem remains that the creator of this show continues to remind me of the pretentious dipshit from The Menu that was obsessed with this goddamn industry. I have no idea who these people are and I knew every goddamn time they brought famous chefs in the show because of how awkward the acting was. The episodes I liked from both seasons were the ones that had nothing to do with the restaurant and were pure character drama

Btw I've eaten quite a few times at expensive restaurants, my Balkan grandmother still made far better food. This kind of restaurants are comically overrated

Sonik

Binged all of it yesterday, great season. Jamie Lee Curtis plays an amazing batshit insane woman.

Her acting is fucking tremendous she makes you anxious just watching her, you feel like she could explode any time even though she tries her best to keep it all in. Imagine the nightmare of having a mother like that, holy shit. It's no coincidence that she plays in both my favorite episodes the last 2 seasons, what an underrated actress

Eiknarf

Her acting is fucking tremendous she makes you anxious just watching her, you feel like she could explode any time even though she tries her best to keep it all in. Imagine the nightmare of having a mother like that, holy shit. It's no coincidence that she plays in both my favorite episodes the last 2 seasons, what an underrated actress
She’s in season 3??????

Mossybrew

Couple stray thoughts -

The Faks are not funny, just kinda dumb this season. Oliver Platt continues to be low key the funniest guy on the show.

Did anyone ever care about Carmie and Claires relationship? The show thinks you should care but not feelin it.

Gillian Jacobs somehow has gotten hotter with age, which is weird.

Still one ep to go but Napkins is my favorite ep this season, really felt that one.

Sonik

She’s in season 3??????

Yeap, why are you surprised?

Couple stray thoughts -

The Faks are not funny, just kinda dumb this season. Oliver Platt continues to be low key the funniest guy on the show.

Did anyone ever care about Carmie and Claires relationship? The show thinks you should care but not feelin it.

Gillian Jacobs somehow has gotten hotter with age, which is weird.

Still one ep to go but Napkins is my favorite ep this season, really felt that one.

I don't remember them being that unfunny, they went full on tryhard mode on the comedy this season and it failed each and every time. The Cena episode was embarrassing

Eiknarf

Yeap, why are you surprised?

I don't remember them being that unfunny, they went full on tryhard mode on the comedy this season and it failed each and every time. The Cena episode was embarrassing
That’s cool

I assumed she was a guest appearance for season two and that’s it. One and done.

Top Bottom