• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Devil May Cry 6 | Where It's At?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
My favorite Capcom game series and it's been about 5 years since the fifth game was released.

We haven't heard anything about a sixth game yet and I'm hoping we continue to get series.

Why does Resident Evil get all the attention?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The team has been busy with Dragon's Dogma 2.

We'll probably heard something soon now that they are done with it, unless the same team takes care of whatever DLC they have planned for DD2.

My favorite Capcom game series and it's been about 5 years since the fifth game was released.

We haven't heard anything about a sixth game yet and I'm hoping we continue to get series.

TBH we want both. But yes it's high time for DMC 6

Švejk

Sorry brother, Dragon's Dogma is Capcom's new money pillar over DMC now. I was in you shoes for 10 years though... Y'all had 5+ installments of it... let Itsuno do more loving to DD. It needs it.

And yeah, if anything, they should just Remake DMC1.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Dragons Dogma 2 just barely came out. I would say you’re looking at 2027 for a new DMC earliest.

Astral Dog

the same team just released Dragon's Dogma 2 i wish as well we already got DMC6 by now,but they simply don't have the resources/developers to make multiple of these games (and i don't wanna see the series outsourced again).

This year we should get the new Animated series(wich is a big deal they been working 5 years on that), and that mobile spin off was released not long ago. Its better than nothing, because DMC5 was so polished and wrapped up the whole story well,it doesn't feel as bad waiting like it was for DMC5 to be announced, when the reboot was coming out, that pr mess and DMC4 left questions unanswered, fans were frustrated with Capcom lol

Now the actual series could end at 5 and it would be ok . I thought maybe they should do a series of Remakes like with Resident Evil,but it seems they are not interested in reimagining the old DMC games

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real

As others have mentioned. Dragon's Dogma has been taking up their time. Capcom probably wants him to make DMC6, but Itsuno has said he wants do something new. I loved DMC5, but I would be happy if he did something new first.

tkscz

Didn’t Square Enix put it out last year?
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

if it's taking 5 to 6 years to release a game on average, then it could be in development but not far enough along to where they feel comfortable announcing it.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
they need to remake devil may cry 1

That eerie atmosphere with a Metroidvania structure and expanded map/stages would be dope.

The genre's peak was DMC 3, but DMC 1 is the most special game in the saga by far. 4 and 5 are decent games but clearly inferior and very casual in their gameplay, with zero challenge.

I hope a DMC 6 gets back to its roots and instead of infinite weightless combos, it brings some of the lost difficulty.

FeralEcho

Itsuno just released Dragon's Dogma 2 this year,maybe in 5 years we'll get DMC 6 lol...

Thinking of DMC now is like being a masochist...

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The team has been busy with Dragon's Dogma 2.

We'll probably heard something soon now that they are done with it, unless the same team takes care of whatever DLC they have planned for DD2.
Let’s be real with the success of DD2 you won’t see a DmC game again for likely 10-15 years unless a new team is tasked with it.

DD2 killed DmC.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I did not know that the same team that worked on DMC worked on Dragon's Dogma.

Lambogenie

Rather see DLC for Dragons Dogma.

DMC5 was great but unless they put Dante back as lead with some Vergil, I won't be as interested. 5 was too fragmented because of the 3 character structure. Doesn't help it always changes by the time you get used to the character you just damn played.

Top Bottom