• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gravity Rush soundtrack is so good

I love everything about Gravity Rush... the visuals, the world design, the mechanics but the thing that sticks with me most is the wonderful soundtrack. There are so many examples and I'm sure I'll miss some of your favourites but here are just a few. Of course feel free to share your favourite tracks and if you haven't played the series let us know what you think!

Pleasure Quarter (Gravity Rush 2 - another rendition is in GR1)
Title Screen (Gravity Rush 2)
A Red Apple Fell from the Sky (Gravity Rush 2)
Lei Havina (Gravity Rush 2)

Discovery of Gravitation (Gravity Rush)
Old Town (Gravity Rush)
Douse Shinundakara (Gravity Rush)

rucury

Banned
You are so right. I still give it a listen every once in awhile. It's such a unique game (well, it has a sequel now) with a really great musical atmosphere. "Old Town" is probably the most iconic track from the first one IMO.

Usobuko

Banned
Gravity Rush has everything I love except the combat. The world, the characters, the artstyle, the ost etc.

It's just not fun to play the game for me.

The first time I visited Lei Havina and freely explored it with that beautiful music playing is by far my favourite moment in Gravity Rush 2, and one of my most blissful moments in any game. It's positively breathtaking.

The soundtracks are so otherworldly, they blend with the game flow and artwork perfectly. At least when you're exploring and soaring freely, it's so serene and even meditative.

I found the first game's soundtrack on Spotify a while ago and was really happy, but it seems to be down now. Is it legally available anywhere else to stream/download?

UrbanRats

The music is good, but it repeats so much, especially in the open world (and even many of the missions) that you get sick of it after some hours.
At least I did.

The soundtrack for the first game is legit one of the all-time greats. Most of it is just super memorable and evocative of the environment you're in, like all stellar video game soundtracks should be.

The second game has a great OST as well, but it's not quite on the tier of the first game. Falls back on a lot of older compositions as well once you return to Hekseville.

Cess007

I remember downloading a 30mins version of Douse Shinundakara and don't getting bored of it. I loved that song.

And I agree OP; currently playing GR2 and the OST is amazing as well.

Mephala

Gravity Rush is great and I really enjoyed the music. Everything about it is charming.

The boss theme Angel really set the mood of the fight too!

I also really like the victory jingle. Put a smile on my face when I see Kat leaping in joy after 15 minutes of face plants trying to roll out of a fall for some movie scenes.

It's definitely one of the best. Falling the first time to the Lei Elgona was one of my gaming moment of the year. The music was perfection.

Pachael

Damn, he did RoF's music too? With that and the GR games, the guy has a lot of talent.

His wealth of Sakura Taisen/Wars work means that anything that is composed by him commands my attention. GR OST is fantastic and I'll need to get GR2 soon... :<

I was just about to say that the best song from Gravity Rush 1 hasn't even been linked yet - Resistance and Extermination - but then Cess corrected that grave mistake while I was typing.

Also have to give a nod to Douse Shinundakara as well, when I first heard that song play during the credits roll I was blown away, it just perfectly embodies the style that oozes from the entire franchise.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I absolutely love Gravity Rush series. Gravity Rush 2 would be my GOTY if Nier Automata and Persona 5 haven't come out this year.

Grisby

I cant believe I have not played Gravity Rush 2 yet

I need more time
I have issues with it and it's not the knocked down drag out awesome sequel I wanted, but the flying is so good.

The new lunar move basically makes you Superman. It's a fun time.

Gravity sounds and looks amazing, but is horrid to play beyond traversal.

Bad quest design, bad combat, shame cuz i really wanted to like it. Really dig the french music vibes tho

BTA

I cant believe I have not played Gravity Rush 2 yet

I need more time

I was so excited for it after playing the remaster last summer and it just came out at the worst time for me.

I wanna get back into it later in the year but there's other things I'm saying that about that probably take priority, among everything else that'll be out then...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Gravity sounds and looks amazing, but is horrid to play beyond traversal.

Bad quest design, bad combat, shame cuz i really wanted to like it. Really dig the french music vibes tho

I might be alone on this but other than some of the stealth section I actually really enjoyed doing the side quests. I love how each side quests showed the every day lives of people on that world and it made Kat even more charming character to me.

Cess007

I might be alone on this but other than some of the stealth section I actually really enjoyed doing the side quests. I love how each side quests showed the every day lives of people on that world and it made Kat even more charming character to me.

Agreed. While not all are winners, and the stealth sections are not fun; several side quests (
helping Cecie get a doll for Lisa, reuniting a son with his family, getting items for Syd to make toys for the kids
) are really little wonderful bits of their everyday life

Sinistral

Loved the world, music and visuals of Gravity Rush and it's sequel. But the game play in the second, especially the combat, on the console was really lacking. Playing it on the Vita was a lot more enjoyable. Maybe cause the motion controls tied to the screen.

The only crime I find is that there's no full version of Red Apple with Kats in game voice actor. That I know of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z03P7Gg0E_U
Maybe it's the raspy voice but damn. Beautiful.

Yep, one of the main reasons Gravity Rush 2 is still my GOTY so far. The first game had a spectacular soundtrack and the sequel somehow manages to top it.

Raven's Theme is my favourite of the bunch.

J@hranimo

Banned
When I do get a PS4 again, I'm definitely going to pick up both of these games.

The music is really great, thanks for making the thread OP!

lazyguy

One of the best soundtracks this generation.
All of my favorites have been mentioned so no need to repost them.

Top Bottom