• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Messenger Prequel RPG Announced - Sea of Stars *Kickstarter*

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Didn't see anything posted on this so apologies if it's old news. I absolutely looooved The Messenger, and I think this sounds awesome. Unfortunately it's at least 2 years away, but the Kickstarter went live.

Sea of Stars is a turn-based RPG inspired by the classics. A prequel story set in The Messenger’s universe, it tells the story of two Children of the Solstice who will combine the powers of the sun and moon to perform Eclipse Magic, the only force capable of fending off the monstrous creations of the evil alchemist known as The Fleshmancer.

Promising the Sabotage touch in every system, Sea of Stars aims to modernize the classic RPG in terms of turn-based combat, storytelling, exploration and interactions with the environment, while still offering a hearty slice of nostalgia and good old, simple fun.

f1c256f2399494f73cf345a7b1e73cb5_original.png
04253a1277b7fc1e5e7a065388e24778_original.gif

3155e889ce7a5095f8b2a05de0c35c49_original.gif

2dc766a6bb574b8b0b551e1ddcbd066e_original.gif

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Already past $50,000 of a $90,760 goal. Safe to say they'll blast through their goal today. Thanks
for pointing this out. Will probably back!

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Seriously loved The Messenger; one of my favorite games of all time (At least for the moment...)

I hope this new entry kicks as much ass as The Messenger; and has an equally fucking awesome soundtrack

Reactions: RSB

Filippos

Banned
The messenger was good at the beginning. Stopped playing in the middle. Started to get boring. Hope this RPG will be better.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks beautiful, love the lighting effects and shadows, maybe the best I've seen with such 2D pixel art.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That art is fantastic.

Thought The Messenger was a turd with one of the all-time worst soundtracks, so I'm more than a little cautious about this. But it sure is pretty.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
First studio to ever get me to back something. Adore The Messenger. The animation of the characters in Sea of Stars looks so smooth and fluid for sprites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom