• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The release date for the new Super Mario animated movie in Japan has been set for April 24, 2026

Draugoth

Gold Member
Using Google Translate

"Hello, this is Miyamoto. We will be broadcasting a Nintendo Direct tonight, but before that I would like to make an announcement. The release date for the new Super Mario animated movie in Japan has been set for April 24, 2026. We are working with the Illumination team to make it a fun movie, so please continue to look forward to it

Last edited:
Super Mario Dancing GIF

nial

Gold Member
I can't wait to see a bunch of adults starting to use these movies again for some culture warring material, seriously, that was so fucking cringe.

Last edited:

Kabelly

Since the first movie was References: The Movie I hope the do a little more for story in the second. I know it's Mario but the first movie could have used at least an extra 20 minutes or so. It was still cute enough.

Ozzie666

Needs some Wario.

Hoepfully a new Mario game before then, but I find it strange that all these companies don't seem to take advantage of cross promotion as much as they should.

Doom85

Hopefully they used that money from the first film to hire writers capable of actual creativity and humor this time…..

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
I enjoyed the Mario movie for what it was but yeah the sequel needs a more interesting story. It will be interesting to see if they set up the Nintendo universe in this or if they just stick to Mario universe characters.

A Smash movie has to be after this as I don’t see many Nintendo franchises being strong enough to carry a full movie on their own (at least not generating the kind of revenue they’ll want).

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Since the first movie was References: The Movie I hope the do a little more for story in the second. I know it's Mario but the first movie could have used at least an extra 20 minutes or so. It was still cute enough.
I wouldn’t expect much from Illumination.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I couldn't make it to the end of the movie on Netflix.

Had some cool visuals for sure, but it's just not my thing. I don't watch Pixar anything either.

Top Bottom