• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The School: Swan Song PSVR Footage/Info ; White Day: A Labyrinth Named School Updates

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Credit to ponpo for bringing this to my attention and posting it in a previous WhiteDay topic.

12-minutes of gameplay of the upcoming PSVR title, "The School: Swan Song" released with a lot of new info, as well as updates about the upcoming PS4/PC release of White Day: A Labyrinth Named School.

■ About The School: Swan Song
The School: Swan Song (Korean Title: White Day: Swan Song) is the newest version of one of the most famous horror game series in Korea called “White Day,” which is also well-known to classic horror game fans in other regions like North America, England and Taiwan etc.
The School: Swan Song is the full-blown horror VR game presented by PlayStation VR and expected to show “the real horror” to users by maximizing virtual reality. The romance between game characters as well as the well-written game script make the game more stands out from other horror games.

■ “Romantic Horor” in the School at Night
The School is about the characters trapped in the school are trying to reveal the supernatural secrets and eventually escape from the school.
The School at Night – The School provides the ultimate horror to a player trapped in the “School at night”. Besides, this fear is maximized by the “reality” PlayStation VR provides.
“Romance” with Female Characters – A player is trapped with female characters have different stories. The player can enjoy romance with each female character through communication.

■ Realistic School Scenes
The School‘s background is based on a school in the late 1900s and reproduces real objects in the school. Players can experience the realistic school scenes when they wear the PlayStation VR headset.

■ The Spirit of the Asian Horror Game
Hideous creatures or brutal and bloody scenes are not shown at . Weapons like guns or knives are not shown either, but only “fear” caused by supernatural phenomenon makes players keep running. To escape, players should find clues and solve puzzles at the school.

■ A Multi-Ending System: Who Will You Run Away With?
The School has 5 female characters and each one has a different ending (dead or alive) according to the player’s decision.
This means there are many possible endings. Normally, The School has 2-3 hour of a short playtime to minimize the sickness caused by a VR device, but the playtime can be increased to 15 hours if the player wants to see all endings.

■ PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR Dual Mode Support
The School: Swan Song has PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR dual mode support and over 20 hours of play time.

■ Release Strategy
Korea and Asia
On disc and via PlayStation Network in early 2017 with Korean and Chinese language support.
Japan
On disc and via PlayStation Network in late 2017 with the help of a domestic publisher.
Global
Via PlayStation Network with English language support.

12-Minutes of PSVR Gameplay here.

In addition to The School: Swan Song in 2017, White Day: A Labyrinth Named School will launch for PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam as The School: White Day on March 14 in South Korea. ROI Games told Gematsu it is planning to release both versions in western territories soon after the Korean release.

PC/PS4 release in Korea is close, and the International version (English dub version with various subtitle choices) should be available a bit later into 2017.

I'm excited for this, as some may know I consider the original WhiteDay one of my favorite niche horror games of all time, it was abandoned for years but got picked up again, and then they went to fully remake the game and make sequel titles and spin-offs, starting with The School: Swan Song. Hoping it gets more attention with it expanding this brand and releasing out of Korea officially.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This is my fetish.

To be honest, I'm a bit amused they've played up the 'romance' element of White Day for the remake/Swan Song. In the original White Day, the 'romance' element is only a bit there in narrative, the different characters in the game did have a semi relationship mechanic with you but all it really did was change your path through the game so some cutscenes were different, some areas were slightly different, and which ending path you were going on (and if you'd gain access to the game's final location or not). It seems they've wanted to expand on that element, which I think is a bit amusing/interesting.

I know the remake was released on mobiles internationally with an English dub/sub earlier this year, but been avoiding it to wait for the PC/PS4 release of the remake. Definitely interested in Swan Song as well.

vato_loco

I'm extremely interested in this but I'm a big big pussy when it comes to horror games. I couldn't even finish P.T.

Kyonashi

Only found out about this very recently but super interested in it. Fearful I'll buy it and only be able to play 20 minutes of it though...

Top Bottom