• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Thing: Remastered - Announcement Trailer - PC/PS/Xbox - 4K/120fps on PC/PS5/SX|S - Trophies/Achievements Added

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

• Return to U.S. Outpost #31 – Continue the story of The Thing and face off against terrifying monsters, from scuttling head-spiders and human-like walkers to gigantic multi-tentacled level bosses.
  • Who Goes There? – Command a squad of up to four NPCs from Soldier, Medic, and Engineer character classes through the game’s 11 frightening levels.
  • The Warmest Place to Hide – Someone in your squad may not be who they appear to be. The shape-shifting alien hides inside an imitation, so keep a watchful eye.
  • Don’t Lose It – Gain the trust of your squad members and minimize their fear levels lest they become defiant or, worse, succumb to paranoia.
  • Ultimate Alien Terror – Upgraded models, textures, and animations hand-crafted by Nightdive, plus enhanced lighting and atmospheric effects.
  • Stunning Visuals – Up to 4K 120 frames per second visuals on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S.
  • Checkmate – Trophies and Achievements on Windows PC via Steam, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles.

PC version is on Steam, GoG and Windows PC (MS Store).
Also coming to Switch.
Price TBA

Last edited:
Steam page is already up:

Edit: says it has brand new dynamic lighting and other quality of life improvements
  • Experience brand new dynamic lighting, specular mapping, shadows, depth of field complemented by improved models, textures and environments to create a deep level of immersion.
  • Quality of Life gameplay enhancements to improve your experience.

Last edited:

March Climber

Gold Member
lets-go-lets-go-marvel.gif

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Wasn't expecting this at all, REALLY hyped about this. I LOVED this game so much and honestly never thought we'd see something like this happen. Here's to hoping it'll help revive the IP into new games or something.

MacReady13

I'm very excited! Played this on PS2 but never finished it. The Thing (John Carpenter's film) is my fav film of all time so i'm dying to play and finish this as it's considered a true sequel to the film.

Killer8

Absolute goat tier announcement. I'm getting so close to being able to retire the OG Xbox for good.

Awesome, never got the chance to play the original, not even on PC. I was thinking on getting this on PC when it got teased, but if this is running at 4K/120 on consoles, I'm getting it there!

Deerock71

This is one that I will wait for a Switch physical version. I've waited 20 years, what's another six-ish months?

Cattlyst

I’m a little puzzled by the hype for this. When the game came out the reception was tepid. I played it on the original Xbox and it looked ok and had some good ideas but it was pretty average. Could it be history repeating itself? I was pumped for the original game thinking it would be something the final product was not…if you’ve not played the original and this remaster follows the same mold you might be disappointed.

Edit - *not played the original*

Last edited:

Red5

Nightdive is about to put MyAbandonware out of business.

I played it back then when it came out, it was good, a bit tense, the trust system was ahead of its time, but it could really use some modern coding to enhance the trust system and make it more meaningful. But I'll take a remaster anyway, still have my CD somewhere.

Soodanim

Lately I’m more interested in these 90s/00s remasters than anything else. Keep these coming. Will get it day one. Never played it.
Extend that to new games inspired by that era (like Selaco) and you've accounted for the vast majority of what I've bought this year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom