• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wayward Realms - Kickstarter Campaign Launched

Dazraell

Gold Member

OnceLost Games just launched Kickstarter campaign for their open-world RPG called The Wayward Realms. The game is described as a spiritual successor to The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, is created on Unreal Engine 5 and apparently will offer the 500,000 square kilometers worldspace. You can learn more about this game on their Kickstarter page

shoplifter

Wish them luck, because it's up my alley, but I'm never backing a video game project again. I'll happily just pay full price when it's released.

Red5

The Kickstarter funding isn't for the full development of the game, it's to finish a one year development process in order to get the game on Early Access and shop that build to publishers and hopefully get one to fund the game to completion.

The videos looks promising, my kind of old school RPG, but I don't see them actually managing to get a publisher to fund the game to completion.

Hudo

Gold Member
Luckily for them, the only real competitor on the horizon is Elder Scrolls 6 which is at least a decade away and, going by the current trajectory of Bethesda, will fucking suck.

Top Bottom