• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: The Legend of Lara Croft animated series will arrive to Netflix on October 10th 2024

Dazraell

Gold Member

Netflix has slotted October 10 for the premiere of Tomb Raider: The Legend of Lara Croft, its anime series with Hayley Atwell (Agent Carter) voicing the title role. The streamer also released a new teaser trailer for the series from Legendary Television, which you can watch above.

The Legend of Lara Croft picks up after the events of the Tomb Raider video game Survivor trilogy (Tomb Raider; Rise of the Tomb Raider; Shadow of the Tomb Raider), and will chart the globetrotting heroine’s next chapter as the iconic adventurer. More than 25 years after her first appearance, Lara Croft (Atwell) continues to explore ancient mysteries and uncover lost truths across breathtaking and dangerous destinations.

Following the events of the Survivor series, Lara Croft has abandoned her friends to embark on increasingly more perilous solo adventures. But she must return home when a dangerous and powerful Chinese artifact is stolen from Croft Manor by a thief with an uncanny personal connection. Her daring pursuit will take her on an adventure around the world and to the depths of forgotten tombs, where she will be forced to confront her true self, and decide just what kind of hero she wants to become.

Cast also includes Allen Maldonado as Zip and Earl Baylon, reprising his role as Jonah Maiava from the video game. Additional voices to be announced.

Tomb Raider has become a global franchise encompassing movies, merchandise and comic books. The Netflix-Legendary project marks Lara Croft’s first appearance in an animated series.

Tomb Raider: The Legend Of Lara Croft is executive produced and written by Tasha Huo (The Witcher: Blood Origin). Executive producers include dj2 Entertainment Founder and CEO Dmitri M. Johnson (Sonic the Hedgehog), along with Timothy I. Stevenson; Jacob Robinson (Skull Island) under his company Tractor Pants; and Dallas Dickinson and Noah Hughes for Crystal Dynamics; as well as Howard Bliss and Jen Chambers. Powerhouse Animation is the Animation Studio with Brad Graeber serving as executive producer.
Source: Deadline

semiconscious

Gold Member
oops! netflix just this morning informed me that my account's been cancelled because they eliminated my sub plan. &, no, not even an animated lara croft series is gonna get me to either watch commercials or pay them more than i had been...

Edellus

I will watch it solely because it is, well, Tomb Raider and I really like the franchise.

The action scenes look cool, but I'm concerned about how they will portray Lara's attitude and personality. Even though it is following the survivor series, I hope she is closer to her original classy, confident and charming way.

I am worried about one of the writers being involved in Blood Origin. I hope the writers are grounded by the genre and don't go bananas with the cliches and tropes.

Like the futurama reboot on hulu, which is probably my favorite tv show, nothing will get me to subscribe to a streaming service ever again. I obtained the new futurama episodes as they were released, and some were pretty good but nothing made in modern times is ever worth the investment. Lifelong tomb raider fan, I have no interest in this and might take a peak at an episode or two outside of netflix.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hailey Atwell you say? I'm piqued.

61gZk9AUA7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Doesn't look too bad but her "confronting her true self and deciding just what kind of hero she wants to become" is getting tiresome, she spent 3 entire games trying to do that...
But how many cartoons has she done that?

It's like no matter the medium we have to watch Batman's Parents get killed for the umpteenth time. I think it's the law.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
No thanks. Besides the only great Tomb Raider was the original series that started with PlayStation 1.

xrnzaaas

Doing animated series is becoming an easy way out if the budget for a live action series would be too high or the license itself is very costly.

Zero interest, especially from Netflix.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
The villains in this show will be spared or killed depends on how they pronounce lara.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Doesn't look too bad but her "confronting her true self and deciding just what kind of hero she wants to become" is getting tiresome, she spent 3 entire games trying to do that...
At least it was one of the most realistic depictions of a modern western woman in retrospect 🤭

ssringo

Gold Member
Taking the next step on the road in the journey to discover her true self and what she is meant to be as set forth by the decision in her life to follow the path to becoming a hero which will one day lead to the epiphany that she may in fact one day become the Tomb Raider that people actually like.

I Dont Care Idc GIF by Big Brother

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Can't wait to see Lara drop her tomb raiding to become a hero of social justice causes...
I want to see Real Lara knockout Fake Lara for getting in real Lara's way. Or Doppelganger Lara beat the snot out of Fake Lara and give the "I'm you without the flaws" you suck speech.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Im in.

It does seem to be based on the 2013 series.
Havent Crystal Dynamics already stated that they are rebooting Tomb Raider with their UE5 game.
Would make sense to use her new design for this series......or maybe the game is far out enough.
I do like the reboot reboot design though.....never disliked 2013.

r6bolqyh7ric1.jpeg

Robb

Gold Member
Sounds like the usual Netflix fodder. I’m always surprised people keep subscribing to that service.

Why is almost every modern anime 15fps and so choppy with obvious missing frames? Yes they arent using classic drawing techniques but actually cheap cgi but how did we go from this in 1987 to this modern crap?

Last edited:
Top Bottom