• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's security adviser linked with man who attempted selling stolen info to KGB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Chicagoo Tribune: Michael Flynn had role in firm co-led by man who tried to sell material to the KGB
President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for national security adviser partnered in recent months with a technology company co-led by a businessman who pleaded guilty to trying to sell stolen scientific material in the 1980s to the KGB, the former Soviet intelligence service.

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn joined the advisory board of Brainwave Science in February, company documents show. The Massachusetts firm develops controversial "brain fingerprinting" technology designed to assess whether people under interrogation are being truthful by measuring their brain waves. The firm offers training in how to use the technology, in partnership with Flynn's consulting firm, Flynn Intel Group, according to Brainwave's website.
One of Brainwave's two-member board of directors was Sabu Kota, an Indian-born software engineer who pleaded guilty in 1996 to selling stolen biotech material to an FBI agent posing as a Soviet spy. Prosecutors said the sale stemmed from what they called Kota's involvement in a spy ring that passed sensitive defense technology to the KGB between 1985 and 1990, according to a Defense Department summary of the case.

Brainwave Science removed Kota's name from the company website sometime between Thursday and Friday, when Bloomberg News published a report about Flynn's ties to the firm, according to a search of archived Google data.
Kota's lawyer denied that he had any connection to spying when he was charged in 1995, and Kota told Bloomberg that the criminal charges were a misunderstanding and stemmed from a patent dispute, not espionage.
Flynn stunned former colleagues when he traveled to Moscow last year to appear alongside Putin at a lavish gala for the state-run channel RT, a trip Flynn admitted he was paid to make. Former U.S. officials said Flynn, seen dining next to Putin in photos published by Russian outlets, was used as a prop by the autocratic leader.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ed-with-firm-run-by-man-with-alleged-kgb-ties
Donald Trump’s national security adviser, Michael Flynn, partnered this year with a controversial technology company co-run by a man once convicted of trying to sell stolen biotech material to the Russian KGB espionage agency.

Subu Kota, who pleaded guilty in 1996 to selling the material to an FBI agent posing as a Russian spy, is one of two board directors at the company, Boston-based Brainwave Science. During years of federal court proceedings, prosecutors presented evidence they said showed that between 1985 and 1990 Kota met repeatedly with a KGB agent and was part of a spy ring that made hundreds of thousands of dollars selling U.S. missile defense technology to Russian spies. Kota denied being part of a spy ring, reached a plea agreement in the biotech case and admitted to selling a sketch of a military helicopter to his co-defendant, who was later convicted of being a KGB operative.

RPGCrazied

This man is bad news. I really hope Congress won't pass this guy. He is unstable and loves to pursue conspiracy theories.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
At this point I'll be far more surprised if Trump nominates someone who isn't a complete shitbird and has experience for the job they are being appointed to.

Listen, it takes a thief to catch a thief. Or, I don't know, maybe a security guard. Actually, security guards probably catch a lot more thieves in general, I'm not sure many thieves ever really get caught by thieves.

The point is, you've got to fight fire with fire. Or water.

If Democrats don't start litigating the ever living fuck out of Trump and his swamp monsters everyone in the party can fuck right off.

It's a joke that Hillary was subjected to more scrutiny over the past few years than Trump is poised to post election.

Tie this mother fucker down and locate every single cent he and all his constituents have and every single person they are financially involved with or who they owe money to.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Listen, it takes a thief to catch a thief. Or, I don't know, maybe a security guard. Actually, security guards probably catch a lot more thieves in general, I'm not sure many thieves ever really get caught by thieves.

The point is, you've got to fight fire with fire. Or water.

You fight fire with Nukes in Trump's America.

RPGCrazied

It's a joke that Hillary was subjected to more scrutiny over the past few years than Trump is poised to post election.

Yeah, I don't get why he always gets away with stuff. Is it really cause he has lots of money allegedly? I don't get it. Are they scared that Trump will send his goons and attack him/her on twitter? Jesus Christ, grow a spine.

I have to say that the already known appearance with Putin has worse optics than this particular story. He worked for a company that an accused spy also worked for with nothing concrete beyond that. If it's found that he actually knew and worked with the guy that's another story.

MIMIC

Banned
This is a couple of steps removed from the actual spy (and the KGB)...and it's from the 80s/90s. Still, doesn't look great.

This is so damn embarrassing. The fact that Donald Trump and his people are seeing all this, and this guy is still going to be apart of his administration, is really bad news. Their allegiance almost certainly can't be to this country to still have this guy be poised to take the position Trump nominated him for.

And if any of Trump's other national security picks are worth a shit, they wouldn't be okay with Michael Flynn.

DavidDesu

I think we're missing the part about what this company does.... reading brainwaves during interrogation!!! Dystopia here we come!

You know times are bad when Reagan, the physical manifestation of Satan, is being wished back into existence.

I mean, Reagan may have been an idiot man-child mentally incapable of understanding policy, diplomacy, or basic human decency, but at least he was a slack-jawed stooge for American special interests.

Seems like everyone that's associated with Trump has some sort of tie to Russia. Everyone and their mommas have Putins' number in their cellphone.

Friendly reminder that Flynn attended a dinner with Putin last year. It was an anniversery celebration for the Russian propaganda outlet, RT.

CpMxzEiWAAA7aBK.jpg

Flynn was amongst those who gave Putin a standing ovation when he entered.

CpSq3NiUIAQuNPj.jpg

Here is Flynn awkwardly denying that he has been on the Russian Propaganda payroll.

Seems good.

Ac30

Friendly reminder that Flynn attended a dinner with Putin last year. It was an anniversery celebration for the Russian propaganda outlet, RT.

CpMxzEiWAAA7aBK.jpg

Flynn was amongst those who gave Putin a standing ovation when he entered.

CpSq3NiUIAQuNPj.jpg

Here is Flynn awkwardly denying that he has been on the Russian Propaganda payroll.

Seems good.

Yeah but think about the unprecedented partnership doe

It's like Russia is Nintendo and the US is EA but in a timeline where EA meant it. The darkest timeline.

This piece of shit's presidency is going to be one-after-another power combo comprised of small acts of hatered, acts of prejudice, acts of sexism/racism/classism, acts of jealousy, acts of barbarism until his term is over. Each thing he does will be received worse than the last and yet will not enough to get him thrown out of office.

THEN in 4 years, about 10 things will hit on the first fucking year he is out of office that showed how corrupt he was and how he was the whole time and was always able to stay one size 5 pennyloafer ahead of the law.

This week I guess I just lost it and feel like I'll be more politically active in the next few years than I have been in my entire life, as I hitch on to every conspiracy theory and poorly formed group trying to impeach him in front of the nation's stage and the rest of the world watching. I STILL can't believe this happened and sometimes I just shut my eyes and shake my head at the thought of trying to take him seriously and to have a single solitary ounce of faith or confidence in him as he delivers his 'State of the Union' addresses and the like. I hope to God that he gets legally & correctly & upstandingly outed before being able to do too much damage to the nation.

I'm not sure he would even make a good candidate as a cabinet member under the next regime but I'd be willing to let him demote himself to try. Anything but this. Seriously.

fade_

This guy must have borrowed some of Don's teflon. I will be appalled if he still has a job by inauguration.

I'm all out of outrage regarding this man. At this point I almost dare Trump and his people to keep this guy on the job. The seriousness lack of trust that will be there about this guy's connections and loyalties, is something that will surely come to bite them in the behind later on when things almost inevitably start to go wrong. This guy alone may hold the key to single-handedly destroying Trump's Presidency. And while I don't like the idea of an American President failing, if this guy's obvious red flags help further illuminate why a Trump Presidency is so wrong for the country, then I'm all for him continuing to stay on as an anchor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom