• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turkish citizen abroad - can Erdogan affect me like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Sorry for my poor english, I've only recently begun to learn how to speak/write in english so forgive the mistakes if you see it.

We've all seen the internet crackdowns going on in my home country, where Erdogan has decided to block access to certain websites (specifically wikipedia over the past few days but it has also targeted twitter and facebook in the past).

My question, as a citizen of the Republic of Turkey, is he able to block access for my devices too?

I ask this because I'm currently in London at the moment and I have incredible internet, here my speedtest but websites aren't loading at all, namely youtube, wikipedia, twitter too?

Is he able to target Turkish citizens abroad with e-blockers?

Again I apologise for my bad english and I hope you're able to help me with this query.

lazygecko

You don't have to worry about being blocked.

Erdogan spying on Turkish expats is an actual thing though, and you should be concerned about that.

Nere

If you only recently began writing in English then how do you have 12 thousand messages in neogaf and you joined in 2009 so you have been communicating in English for 8 years now. Is this a joke thread and I am not getting it?

Nokterian

Yeah, youll be fine as long as youre not in Turkey.

Yup do not go to Turkey at all, dictatorship is there now. Reading lots of Dutch turks can't go back to there country and that there stuck in turkey because erdogan would not let them go.

Very important message when a dictatorship is in progress in a country do not go on vacation or anything else, the chances are you getting caught is highly possible.

As for the internet? VPN can work but there cracking it down also with every step of the way and banning everything that doesn't suit them.

If you only recently began writing in English then how do you have 12 thousand messages in neogaf and you joined in 2009 so you have been communicating in English for 8 years now. Is this a joke thread and I am not getting it?
11,999 meme posts

yarden24

Hi,
Your English is very good!
its nice to meet you.
It seems unlikely that Erdogan has stopped your internet from working correctly.
Maybe check if there are ants in your router.

Best regards.
~~~~Yarden24~~~~~

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!

recently for op is 8 years

Jezbollah

He's trolling.

He's not at all. A Turkish proxy would be using a server within the geolocation of Turkey, and if outbound internet access from that proxy device has Wikipedia blocked, then you wouldnt be able to access it.

OP, do not worry. Turkish law has no jurisdiction in the UK.

Mistake

Actually, yes. Is your sim card from Turkey? My sim card is from China, so when I go to the US I still get filtered unless I'm on wifi. Google won't load and bing says my ip is beijing

Quirah

I am Turkish citizen who lives in Turkey and even I am not worried as much as you.

/turkish
Hocam trollüyor musun?
/turkish

He's trolling.
He's not at all.

Sorry for my poor english, I've only recently begun to learn how to speak/write in english

If you only recently began writing in English then how do you have 12 thousand messages in neogaf and you joined in 2009 so you have been communicating in English for 8 years now.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1072319

How did you pass your English law exams with such a poor grasp of the language?

whatsapphmmsmiley.jpeg

This thread is so fucking weird. If the OP was trolling or joking, I don't see any hints of it in the OP, but his post history shows that he is not what he is claiming to be. I think a mod should investigate!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
It's such a bad troll, it's not even attempting to be funny. Who would troll like tha...oh wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom