• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Umamusume: Pretty Derby – English version announced (Cygames' popular horse girls racing simulation game)

GQ1wVTTaIAA7gPR

Cygames will release an English version of free-to-play horse girls racing simulation game Umamusume: Pretty Derby for iOS and Android, the company announced. A release date was not announced.

An official English website, Twitter account, and YouTube channel were also launched.

Umamusume: Pretty Derby first launched for iOS and Android on February 24, 2021 in Japan. PC versions are available via DMM Games Player and Google Play Games.

Source - Gematsu

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Oh look anouther short lived gatcha mobile game that should be legislatively removed from existence.

I mean I'm basing this entirely on anime girls and released on mobile, someone tell me I'm wrong.

EDIT: don't bother

Its exactly what I predicted.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Oh look anouther short lived gatcha mobile game that should be legislatively removed from existence.

I mean I'm basing this entirely on anime girls and released on mobile, someone tell me I'm wrong.
It's very popular in Japan, and has a niche following in the West, so it could be a hit with some pushing and luck. People love waifu gacha stuff, just look at NIKKE or Blue Archive.

Everyday we stray further from God's light...
It's the weirdest fucking premise. They are horses reborn as people (hot girls), but they keep all of the strength and stamina of a horse so they run 30 mph and shit. I followed some hot chick on twitter who was a superfan and kept her unmuted for a while out of morbid curiousity.

It would be a great idea for a pure Christopher Guest style parody if anime/idols but I think it takes itself serious.

EDIT: don't bother

Its exactly what I predicted.

It's still big in Japan and it has a very dedicated global fan base so the EN version will probably do just fine.

Yeah man....cuz I'm the weird one here.

You know I appreciate your news but you know it's got a....tint....to it, we'll say.
So I guess, in your opinion, I should stop from sharing gaming news related to anime games on a gaming forum because for some reason you dislike anime games and those who enjoy them? If you don't like the content, simply ignore it and put me on ignore as well; it's that simple. Also, please stop making baseless assumptions, even in a joking manner.

poodaddy

Gold Member
So I guess, in your opinion, I should stop from sharing gaming news related to anime games on a gaming forum because for some reason you dislike anime games and those who enjoy them? If you don't like the content, simply ignore it and put me on ignore as well; it's that simple. Also, please stop making baseless assumptions, even in a joking manner.
Bro....do me a favor....chill the fuck out. I made a fuckin joke ok? You know how those work right? I like you, never said I didn't, what you didn't notice all my likes on tons of your posts?

How bout this, since you took it here; I'll make jokes, I'll continue to be nice to everyone here as I always am, and maybe you'll have to grow some thicker skin. I'm not apologizing for making the joke, as usually you're a good sport and you laugh with or at anything and go with whatever and you've always been a good natured guy, but I will apologize for how sensitive you're being today and how you, for some reason, think I dislike you or would EVER ignore one of the best news posters on the site, and one of my personal favorite posters.

I never said I disliked it, I never said I didn't like your "content", and nor would I as I think you're fuckin great dude; I made an off color joke about otakus that I honestly believed you would have a giggle at and instead you blew up on me. So yeah man, put me on ignore if I triggered you that much, just trying to have a laugh bro, not accusing you of shit other than right now, definitely accusing you of not being able to take a joke worth a good goddamn. Much love bro.

Christ dude....over a fuckin game about horse chicks....gonna go do my squats now, more power to you and the horse girls, who I would never deign to denigrate in any capacity of course.

Tyler The Creator Peace GIF

Last edited:
Bro....do me a favor....chill the fuck out. I made a fuckin joke ok? You know how those work right? I like you, never said I didn't, what you didn't notice all my likes on tons of your posts?

How bout this, since you took it here; I'll make jokes, I'll continue to be nice to everyone here as I always am, and maybe you'll have to grow some thicker skin. I'm not apologizing for making the joke, as usually you're a good sport and you laugh with or at anything and go with whatever and you've always been a good natured guy, but I will apologize for how sensitive you're being today and how you, for some reason, think I dislike you or would EVER ignore one of the best news posters on the site, and one of my personal favorite posters.

I never said I disliked it, I never said I didn't like your "content", and nor would I as I think you're fuckin great dude; I made an off color joke about otakus that I honestly believed you would have a giggle at and instead you blew up on me. So yeah man, put me on ignore if I triggered you that much, just trying to have a laugh bro, not accusing you of shit other than right now, definitely accusing you of not being able to take a joke worth a good goddamn. Much love bro.

Christ dude....over a fuckin game about horse chicks....gonna go do my squats now, more power to you and the horse girls, who I would never deign to denigrate in any capacity of course.

Tyler The Creator Peace GIF
Guess we had our wires crossed a little bit there, but dude, I'm just getting tired of all these silly jokes that keep popping up in various anime game related threads here on GAF. That's why I reacted the way I did. Maybe I should grow a thicker skin, but I'll be honest and say that posts like these are contributing to the anime community here on GAF getting smaller and smaller. It's a shame because there are plenty of good people here who enjoy anime-themed games and I don't want them to leave due to feeling unwelcome anymore. It also makes me hesitant to share any more gaming news on these topics since a significant portion of people just laugh at it (well some of the posts are meant to be funny, so that's expected, but I hope you understand my main point). Anyway, let's leave it at that. Have a good one, dude!

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Imagine if people came to a Baldurs Gate 3 thread talking nonstop about animal abuse, which is a criminal offense in real life world.

Or that other game with underage girls kissing, don't remember the name right now. Some other character gets fucked in the ass, too.

If that is annoying, imagine the same comments on something without the sex and the kissing part.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Guess we had our wires crossed a little bit there, but dude, I'm just getting tired of all these silly jokes that keep popping up in various anime game related threads here on GAF. That's why I reacted the way I did. Maybe I should grow a thicker skin, but I'll be honest and say that posts like these are contributing to the anime community here on GAF getting smaller and smaller. It's a shame because there are plenty of good people here who enjoy anime-themed games and I don't want them to leave due to feeling unwelcome anymore. It also makes me hesitant to share any more gaming news on these topics since a significant portion of people just laugh at it (well some of the posts are meant to be funny, so that's expected, but I hope you understand my main point). Anyway, let's leave it at that. Have a good one, dude!
Hey bro, I hadn't considered that angle man.

I do apologize actually, not necessarily for trying to make a giggle, but for not understanding the deeper consequences for the comment. I'm not trying to see that community go away, especially not you bud, guess I just made a pretty insensitive joke without thinking about it. My mistake bro, I'll try to think before typing in the future. Apologies to those I offended, I truly was trying to make you laugh, but I can understand how it came off a bit judgemental and condescending. I'll do better brother. Sorry guys :(.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Hey bro, I hadn't considered that angle man.

I do apologize actually, not necessarily for trying to make a giggle, but for not understanding the deeper consequences for the comment. I'm not trying to see that community go away, especially not you bud, guess I just made a pretty insensitive joke without thinking about it. My mistake bro, I'll try to think before typing in the future. Apologies to those I offended, I truly was trying to make you laugh, but I can understand how it came off a bit judgemental and condescending. I'll do better brother. Sorry guys :(.

No worries, and of course we can joke about this silly little game. Sometimes the overreaction happens because "it rains on a wet floor" as some people say.

HercRaato

Looks weirdly intriguing. To bad it's mobile. I refuse to play f2p and gatcha. I spend on physical games, and if this came out I'd buy it just for the shits and giggles. The wife and I were laughing at the race. Japan's culture is so different from the west at times.

IAmRei

I wish the game is not gacha though, it could be potential as single player, if its done like FF7 chocobo parts, or PSX chocobo stallion. But what can i say, gacha is likely because its also part of horse racing.

Nyway, is the racing pixel arts of this game is still in jp? Because i got interested when i see the game in last year(?) But i forgot if the game existed.

Top Bottom