• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venom: The Last Dance Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

2w6ogx4yuc4d1.jpeg

Last edited:

FeralEcho

bad movies endless trash GIF

The 2nd one was the type of movie that's insulting even if you turn off your brain.

We can't get another Mad Max with Tom but 3 trash Venom movies that insult the human inteligence? Hollywood is like "I got you fam"

YCoCg

Gold Member
I like the Venom movies, they at least know they're trash and lean into it as opposed to pretending to be super serious, plus after the second movie which was chaotic and all over the place the only way is up right?

March Climber

Gold Member
This looks like the first movie with more CGI. Not a bad thing I guess for those who enjoyed the first movie, but I was almost hoping for them to pivot into doing an Agent Venom film. I think that would have been a more fun concept.

Sonik

My expectations are extremely low as per usual with Sony Pictures trash but I gotta admit, that trailer was well-made

Im in. How long must we wait tho before the major studio retards give us Deadpool venom spidey and wolverine together tho? Fucking hell.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
First one was pretty decent but the second one was the worst movie I've seen in a long time. Absolute garbage. This one looks to continue the trend. Also, the Hollywood trailer format these days fucking suck. It's so homogenized and boring.

"This fall/Christmas/ insert whatever holiday/

Mixed in with some remix of a classic song with loud dramatic thumps every time some shit happens on screen. Reminds me of when Inception hit and every goddamn trailer incorporated that style and loud drums/trumpets in every trailer for at least ten years. Hollywood is creatively bankrupt even when it comes to marketing and trailers.

bad movies endless trash GIF

The 2nd one was the type of movie that's insulting even if you turn off your brain.

We can't get another Mad Max with Tom but 3 trash Venom movies that insult the human inteligence? Hollywood is like "I got you fam"

I'm tired of Superhero films in general

They really have oversaturated that market when it comes to movies and films. Not just talking about MCU, but DC too

Even if a movie/show that is out that's not Marvel/DC comes out like The Boys, I get turned off (I have watched The Boys and found it boring personally)

FeralEcho

I'm tired of Superhero films in general

They really have oversaturated that market when it comes to movies and films. Not just talking about MCU, but DC too

Even if a movie/show that is out that's not Marvel/DC comes out like The Boys, I get turned off (I have watched The Boys and found it boring personally)
It's not even just superhero movies, it's just this soulless banter they think is so witty at every turn in every movie that makes everything look like a joke.

Maybe it might've been funny when Marvel did it in the begining but now it's gotten so stale it's just plain frustrating and annoying. And every movie nowadays from Hollywood seems to follow that idea. It's so tiring and I'm over it.

Sonik

It's not even just superhero movies, it's just this soulless banter they think is so witty at every turn in every movie that makes everything look like a joke.

Maybe it might've been funny when Marvel did it in the begining but now it's gotten so stale it's just plain frustrating and annoying. And every movie nowadays from Hollywood seems to follow that idea. It's so tiring and I'm over it.

What's even worse is that Western game devs copied that trash and it's even unfunnier than Hollywood if such a thing is even possible

For me that's not a factor when it comes to Superhero films

I was a huge fan of MCU Phase 1 - 3. Not a fan of MCU Post Phase 3

I disagree with you on the MCU humor when there have been serious movies in the MCU (The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame)

I actually love a wide variety of movies too not just MCU

For me it was the totally unnecessary amount of movies and shows that the MCU Post Phase 3 had. Also they should have done more condensing and putting those heroes that had their own standalone films and shows in other shows/films that involved actual popular characters. I don't mind there being shows but if there's gonna to be shows, it shouldn't be 4 to 6 shows per year. It should be 1 to 2 movies per year and 1 to 2 shows per year. I do admit to loving Loki Season 1 and 2 though

They should have taken a 5 year break from releasing anything and just focused on what they were able to get which is their biggest IP, the X-Men and The Mutants

I have always been a bigger Marvel fan than DC but I will say that James Gunn DCU that Gunn is cooking up has lot of potential to be a proper contender. Which is a good thing. But my issue with Gunn is the guy has turned equally as woke as Feige. Peacemaker Season One had a really agenda pushing part near the end of one of the earlier episodes. But I hated that show regardless. Another thing is that Gunn is connecting everything in the DCU even videogames and that's too much. I would be fine if the movies and shows were connected. But comics and videogames, come on..

But like everything else, I'll wait for the Superhero movies I want to see to come to Streaming/VOD. I'm not going to the theaters, haven't went since December 2022. I personally just feel happier just not going to theater

I even talked to Huge MCU fans like me who aren't as big fans as they used to be who are not happy with the direction that franchise is going. And lot of them are women who loved Phase 1 - 3. It's funny how they chased away lot of their audiences who were female fans with the woke/feminazi stuff

And I remember going to Infinity War and Endgame. Just seeing and hearing the reactions and the clapping was such a fun and great experience for me

There's alot of other issues I have with it especially the wokeness/feminazism with Post Phase 3 stuff. But I don't want to get into my other issues with it since I'm too lazy to type all that. Especially on a cellphone lol. And it would be LONG

Also Phase 1 - 3 had issues too but man Phase 4 and beyond has been way way worse in lot of aspects

But yeah the sooner Hollyweird goes bankrupt the happier I will be

I know mean and petty as fuck but I'm fine with something else rising out of the ashes of Hollywood's Corpse

And my guess is I'll see this in my lifetime. I give Hollywood 10 to 20 years left

Lastly it's been annoying me how Hollywood has been trying to milk Anime and Videogames now. It's totally obvious what they are doing..

FeralEcho

For me that's not a factor when it comes to Superhero films

I was a huge fan of MCU Phase 1 - 3. Not a fan of MCU Post Phase 3

I disagree with you on the MCU humor when there have been serious movies in the MCU (The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame)

I actually love a wide variety of movies too not just MCU

For me it was the totally unnecessary amount of movies and shows that the MCU Post Phase 3 had. Also they should have done more condensing and putting those heroes that had their own standalone films and shows in other shows/films that involved actual popular characters. I don't mind there being shows but if there's gonna to be shows, it shouldn't be 4 to 6 shows per year. It should be 1 to 2 movies per year and 1 to 2 shows per year. I do admit to loving Loki Season 1 and 2 though

They should have taken a 5 year break from releasing anything and just focused on what they were able to get which is their biggest IP, the X-Men and The Mutants

I have always been a bigger Marvel fan than DC but I will say that James Gunn DCU that Gunn is cooking up has lot of potential to be a proper contender. Which is a good thing. But my issue with Gunn is the guy has turned equally as woke as Feige. Peacemaker Season One had a really agenda pushing part near the end of one of the earlier episodes. But I hated that show regardless. Another thing is that Gunn is connecting everything in the DCU even videogames and that's too much. I would be fine if the movies and shows were connected. But comics and videogames, come on..

But like everything else, I'll wait for the Superhero movies I want to see to come to Streaming/VOD. I'm not going to the theaters, haven't went since December 2022. I personally just feel happier just not going to theater

I even talked to Huge MCU fans like me who aren't as big fans as they used to be who are not happy with the direction that franchise is going. And lot of them are women who loved Phase 1 - 3. It's funny how they chased away lot of their audiences who were female fans with the woke/feminazi stuff

And I remember going to Infinity War and Endgame. Just seeing and hearing the reactions and the clapping was such a fun and great experience for me

There's alot of other issues I have with it especially the wokeness/feminazism with Post Phase 3 stuff. But I don't want to get into my other issues with it since I'm too lazy to type all that. Especially on a cellphone lol. And it would be LONG

Also Phase 1 - 3 had issues too but man Phase 4 and beyond has been way way worse in lot of aspects

But yeah the sooner Hollyweird goes bankrupt the happier I will be

I know mean and petty as fuck but I'm fine with something else rising out of the ashes of Hollywood's Corpse

And my guess is I'll see this in my lifetime. I give Hollywood 10 to 20 years left

Lastly it's been annoying me how Hollywood has been trying to milk Anime and Videogames now. It's totally obvious what they are doing..
I agree with you that MCU failed once they started spreading themselves so thin and obviously the final nail in the coffin was them going full woke once Endgame was done,MCU worked when they were doing a couple movies a year,now it's oversaturated to the point you can barely keep up with it and no one wants to deal with that shit anymore.The best decision would've been just as you said,a 5 year break till they had the XMen IP and then rethink a new phase focused around that but nope greed took over and they fucked it all up,now it's too late.

I'd rather they reboot it all at this point but only after a couple years off.

But overall the whole of Hollywood needs a reboot,we need to start all over cuz it's all rotten with greed and the woke virus.

I agree with you that MCU failed once they started spreading themselves so thin and obviously the final nail in the coffin was them going full woke once Endgame was done,MCU worked when they were doing a couple movies a year,now it's oversaturated to the point you can barely keep up with it and no one wants to deal with that shit anymore.The best decision would've been just as you said,a 5 year break till they had the XMen IP and then rethink a new phase focused around that but nope greed took over and they fucked it all up,now it's too late.

I'd rather they reboot it all at this point but only after a couple years off.

But overall the whole of Hollywood needs a reboot,we need to start all over cuz it's all rotten with greed and the woke virus.

Yeah it's not only MCU that needs a reboot but the whole of Hollywood. But I'm guessing even if they all changed their tune and started to put out good products, it's too late now

When a fanbase is angry that's when you can make apologies and actually make the changes that are required to make the fanbase happy. When you can do something right away and make sure they don't walk away

But now? Even if they take things back and make the necessary changes the audience that were there aren't there anymore. And even if the fanbase that left know about them changing for the better they won't come back. Apathy is a thing too. Look at X-Men 97. I heard the show is actually good but that hardly anyone is watching it. From what I heard even Anti Woke Youtubers are enjoying the show (I don't know how accurate this is though, correct me if I'm wrong) I hardly watch any of those channels.

There is a bait and switch aspect to it too. Hanna Season 1 on Amazon Prime was fantastic with a attractive female lead and a father figure in a white manly soldier type. Season 2 went full feminazi where even the fights sucked and were not as memorable. I dropped the show during Season 2 by the end of the 2nd Episode

And I think that's what is happening with X-Men 97. People are waiting for the show to be fully finished and than if there's no bait and switch like after Season 1 than people will watch the whole thing. That might sound unfair but these wokies do all these shady tactics and expect people to still watch thier stuff after they changed their tune?

I watched X-Men 97 and I didn't hate the show, I just found it boring. But there is some nostalgia for the fans of the OG cartoon. And it's a Sequel show to the OG. So you have to watch the OG to understand what is going on. I only watched the first season of the OG show when I was a kid. I was surprised that there is some sexy fanservice for the guys though.

For me one of the reasons why I loved Infinity War and Endgame so much is that despite the flaws Phase 1 through 3 had, by the time Infinity War and Endgame came around, the fanservice feels mostly natural and earned. I went on a journey with all those characters starting in 2008 and it culminated in a Finale that to me is in my Top Ten Comicbook Movies of all time.

I hated Spider-Man No Way Home due to feeling the fanservice was mostly shoehorned in the movie. Only one I felt was perfectly natural was the appearance of a certain blind lawyer

As I said before I'm fine with there being shows. I loved Loki and Ms Marvel. I just liked Moon Knight, Hawkeye and Wandavision. But I feel it was too much and there was two certain shows I felt really ruined it for me. Cough cough Falcon and She Hulk cough cough. With the shows, make 1 to 2 shows a year and make sure you know beforehand the character is popular and no wokeness please

And I would say instead of five years make it ten to fifteen years than release a new movie in the MCU and involving a popular character

And another reason why I loved the MCU Phase 1 - 3. The Action Sequences are mostly memorable. There are so many Action Sequences I remember during those phases in comparison to Post Phase 3. The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Avenger Films and Doctor Strange films are the ones that comes to mind the most when it comes to memorable action Sequences

One of my issues with Phase 4 is especially with Thor Love And Thunder

1. They should have gotten a director that is not Taika

2. They ruined my favorite Thor Storyline in the comics.

3. Too much humor, this movie should have been much darker in tone. Especially since the movie dealt with Gorr The God Butcher. They sure did butcher that storyline

4. The CGI was especially bad in some parts in the film

5. I'm fine with Jane Foster Thor but that should have been in another film

But it's too late in general for Hollywood when it comes to rebooting. I was looking at box office worldwide totals for every year before 2020, there was lot of money being made. And when I looked at post 2020, the profits have been significantly less across the board.

I can't see Hollywood lasting, I expect them to be bankrupt in 10 to 20 years. I think the government might try to bail them out but that might not help them at all

All this woke stuff started to appear in 2010 but started to really be pushed around 2013 - 2015 I noticed

FeralEcho

Yeah it's not only MCU that needs a reboot but the whole of Hollywood. But I'm guessing even if they all changed their tune and started to put out good products, it's too late now

When a fanbase is angry that's when you can make apologies and actually make the changes that are required to make the fanbase happy. When you can do something right away and make sure they don't walk away

But now? Even if they take things back and make the necessary changes the audience that were there aren't there anymore. And even if the fanbase that left know about them changing for the better they won't come back. Apathy is a thing too. Look at X-Men 97. I heard the show is actually good but that hardly anyone is watching it. From what I heard even Anti Woke Youtubers are enjoying the show (I don't know how accurate this is though, correct me if I'm wrong) I hardly watch any of those channels.

There is a bait and switch aspect to it too. Hanna Season 1 on Amazon Prime was fantastic with a attractive female lead and a father figure in a white manly soldier type. Season 2 went full feminazi where even the fights sucked and were not as memorable. I dropped the show during Season 2 by the end of the 2nd Episode

And I think that's what is happening with X-Men 97. People are waiting for the show to be fully finished and than if there's no bait and switch like after Season 1 than people will watch the whole thing. That might sound unfair but these wokies do all these shady tactics and expect people to still watch thier stuff after they changed their tune?

I watched X-Men 97 and I didn't hate the show, I just found it boring. But there is some nostalgia for the fans of the OG cartoon. And it's a Sequel show to the OG. So you have to watch the OG to understand what is going on. I only watched the first season of the OG show when I was a kid. I was surprised that there is some sexy fanservice for the guys though.

For me one of the reasons why I loved Infinity War and Endgame so much is that despite the flaws Phase 1 through 3 had, by the time Infinity War and Endgame came around, the fanservice feels mostly natural and earned. I went on a journey with all those characters starting in 2008 and it culminated in a Finale that to me is in my Top Ten Comicbook Movies of all time.

I hated Spider-Man No Way Home due to feeling the fanservice was mostly shoehorned in the movie. Only one I felt was perfectly natural was the appearance of a certain blind lawyer

As I said before I'm fine with there being shows. I loved Loki and Ms Marvel. I just liked Moon Knight, Hawkeye and Wandavision. But I feel it was too much and there was two certain shows I felt really ruined it for me. Cough cough Falcon and She Hulk cough cough. With the shows, make 1 to 2 shows a year and make sure you know beforehand the character is popular and no wokeness please

And I would say instead of five years make it ten to fifteen years than release a new movie in the MCU and involving a popular character

And another reason why I loved the MCU Phase 1 - 3. The Action Sequences are mostly memorable. There are so many Action Sequences I remember during those phases in comparison to Post Phase 3. The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Avenger Films and Doctor Strange films are the ones that comes to mind the most when it comes to memorable action Sequences

One of my issues with Phase 4 is especially with Thor Love And Thunder

1. They should have gotten a director that is not Taika

2. They ruined my favorite Thor Storyline in the comics.

3. Too much humor, this movie should have been much darker in tone. Especially since the movie dealt with Gorr The God Butcher. They sure did butcher that storyline

4. The CGI was especially bad in some parts in the film

5. I'm fine with Jane Foster Thor but that should have been in another film

But it's too late in general for Hollywood when it comes to rebooting. I was looking at box office worldwide totals for every year before 2020, there was lot of money being made. And when I looked at post 2020, the profits have been significantly less across the board.

I can't see Hollywood lasting, I expect them to be bankrupt in 10 to 20 years. I think the government might try to bail them out but that might not help them at all

All this woke stuff started to appear in 2010 but started to really be pushed around 2013 - 2015 I noticed
Thank GIF

I feel exactly the same about everything you said.

Fanservice felt natural by the end of Infinity War and Endgame.Now it feels like shoehorning everything in just for memberberries sake. It's why No way Home didn't feel that satisfying to me,I liked seeing such nostalgic characters come back but it felt wrong for the most part and I just don't like Tom Holland's portrayal of Spiderman, somehow his best appearance is still in Civil War even after getting his own movie 3 times.

My top 3 favourite MCU movies are Winter Soldier,Iron Man and Infinity War.

As for the woke stuff,we are in a timeline where fans are sick of it yet companies keep playing the woke card even though it loses them huge amounts of money...cough Disney cough so it seems at this point the entertainment industries need permanent examples of companies going under because of it to start changing their mentality.

Even then it might not change but until that happens all we can do is speak with our wallets.

Thank GIF

I feel exactly the same about everything you said.

Fanservice felt natural by the end of Infinity War and Endgame.Now it feels like shoehorning everything in just for memberberries sake. It's why No way Home didn't feel that satisfying to me,I liked seeing such nostalgic characters come back but it felt wrong for the most part and I just don't like Tom Holland's portrayal of Spiderman, somehow his best appearance is still in Civil War even after getting his own movie 3 times.

My top 3 favourite MCU movies are Winter Soldier,Iron Man and Infinity War.

As for the woke stuff,we are in a timeline where fans are sick of it yet companies keep playing the woke card even though it loses them huge amounts of money...cough Disney cough so it seems at this point the entertainment industries need permanent examples of companies going under because of it to start changing their mentality.

Even then it might not change but until that happens all we can do is speak with our wallets.

The first Deadpool movie had a really big feminazi opening scene. It's was cringe worthy and really insulting. I hate the first movie due to that. And I find it interesting how people don't notice that from the later Fox Marvel films. That they especially had some feminazi moments. Just an example I'm giving of Woke Marvel films that aren't MCU

For me, my Favorite MCU Films are Endgame/Infinity War, Doctor Strange/Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness and Civil War (I know I cheated a bit :p)

For me I think the problem with Disney is that they know this stuff doesn't sell but the woke parasites are now attached to their hip and are sucking that company dry. I don't like Chapek but Iger is equally as worse. One of my theories on why Kathleen Kennedy is still not fired is because no one else wants the job and that they are stuck with her

As I said before apathy is a big thing that all these companies are ignoring not only Disney. And that especially is gonna to be Hollywood death blow. Lot of people especially me have been going towards other forms of entertainment.

For me when I watch a newer show or movie that Hollywood makes if I see anything that is preachy. I immediately drop it

Another thing is that the loose threads that were there by the end of Phase 3 wasn't enough to bring back the normies. Captain Marvel only made a billion due to it being in between Infinity War and Endgame. It was hardly important to the Endgame plot. And after Endgame/Far From Home there was noticeable less viewers

As I said they should have waited five to ten years and since by that time after Endgame released, they got all the X-Men and Fantastic Four Rights back. And recast Captain America, Iron Man etc and put the rebooted movies in another timeline

I think they should not have bought Fox. Since Bloat is a thing. Also all this consolidation happening in the Movie/TV Industry is a sign that Hollywood is dying. Same with the Videogame Industry (Well mostly the Publishers)

And I find it interesting how Phase 4 is when that woke stuff started to show up. I'm glad Ike Perlmuttter is no longer with the company but I don't like him because he's a CHEAP Bastard. But he is right on his anti woke opinions. Like I wouldn't have minded a Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Black Widow movie if they weren't full of woke politics. Black Widow was especially guilty of this.

As for me I'm in the apathy stage now when it comes to Hollywood. It'll be satisfying to see them burn down and BTW I'm not even a white male

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I can't believe they're still making these Venom movies. It's going to be another huge flop.

I'm done with all these kinds of movies except maybe a good r-rated Spawn flick.

jcorb

I didn't really care for the first Venom, and so the second I had seriously low expectations, but the more they leaned into just having dumb fun with the character, I wound up *really* enjoying it. "Carnage" was definitely a letdown (I think the character was fine for the movie they were making, but he didn't feel congruent with what Carnage usually is), and it was fun seeing Woody Harrelson try playing a bad guy for a change.

I daresay, I'm pretty interested in checking this movie out when it comes out. The MCU has really lost its footing since Endgame, so I think I've taken enough of a break, I imagine I'll enjoy this more than what Disney's been putting out.

Lunarorbit

I like the Venom movies, they at least know they're trash and lean into it as opposed to pretending to be super serious, plus after the second movie which was chaotic and all over the place the only way is up right?
Yeah I haven't watched the second one yet but after this trailer I'm going to rewatch the 1st 2. Yeah it's "endless trash" but at least it's leaning into it.

Top Bottom