• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Grip with L2/R2 buttons?

I've been scouring the web for a Vita grip that adds L2 and R2 buttons to the device. I've also been searching old Gaf threads on the matter, but they're all kind of old.

I finally decided onthe NYKO Power Grip because everyone pretty much recommended it, but realized at the last minute it doesn't add L2/R2.

Anyone use a grip that replaces the touch pad with actual triggers? I found this one, but would love some anecdotal stuff! Psvita2000 L2/r2button Load Grip Cover Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TP8KBJI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kUiyybHNYYAWZ

CompC

I have the one you linked to, but I never really use it, actually. Most of the games I want to play with it end up mapping L2 and R2 to the corners of the touch screen during remote play, and you can't change it. So It ends up being kind of useless for me. :/

blackflag

I didn't know it was possible to have a case that added buttons that don't exist on the device. Guess I should pick one up before they disappear. I have the Nyko grip that has the battery in it and it's probably the best video game accessory I ever bought.

I guess this one from Hori finally came out. Might snap one up for myself soon - seems like Vita accessories are getting scarce.

Thanks for the link, but that looks very uncomfortable. I'm looking for a decent L2/R2 grip for remote play for PS1 titles (especially Megaman Legends). It's a nightmare,using the back touch for that game...

DarkWish

I guess this one from Hori finally came out. Might snap one up for myself soon - seems like Vita accessories are getting scarce.

Got this one a few days ago and using it right now with Uncharted 4 via Remote Play. I'm liking it so far. I couldn't play some PS4 games before because the controls were too frustrating on the Vita, so this helps with the added buttons.

Thanks for the link, but that looks very uncomfortable. I'm looking for a decent L2/R2 grip for remote play for PS1 titles (especially Megaman Legends). It's a nightmare,using the back touch for that game...

This is pretty much the best I've been able to find, unfortunately. Any trigger grip for the Vita is going to need some awkward shoulder placement/metal buttons to trigger the capacitive touch panel on the back of the system. Hori's solution looks to be the best I've seen so far.

Top Bottom