• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s your dream developer + game combo?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
If you could pick any developer to make a game for an existing franchise, no matter how impossible or unlikely, what would it be?

We’ve seen some weird ones in the past that turned out incredible, like Retro + Donkey Kong Country, or Sega + F-Zero, or Capcom + Zelda. We’ve also had some that turned out, well, pretty bad, like Team Ninja + Metroid, Platinum + Star Fox (though that game sometimes gets an unfair shake), and presumably Bloober + Silent Hill.

But what would be your dream dev + game combo?

My impossible combo would probably be something like Bungie + TimeSplitters.

FromSoft + Berserk

License must be pretty cheap if they made an musou game. Stop flirting with it and just do it.

leonardo dicaprio eye roll GIF

Dotemu/Capcom - Final Fight

Fishlabs/Nintendo - Star Fox

Coalition - Third person Halo spin off

Sucker Punch - X-Men

Playground Games - PGR or Blur remake

guerrilla games - Warhawk PS3 remade in Decima engine

T4keD0wN

Behold my mediocre ideas that appeal to nobody but me:
Creative Assembly - Middle Earth 2nd age
Naughty Dog - Warhammer 40k
Rockstar - Spore 2
Square Enix - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Remake (3rd time is the charm)

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
RGG Studio - Gothic
Capcom - The Elder Scrolls
Nintendo - King's Field
Falcom - Zelda
id Software - Dark Messiah

Going to break the rule because it's not a game but should be: FromSoft - Elric of Melnibone.

Guerilla - Monster Hunter
Housemarque - Metroid Prime
ID - Evil West
Respawn - Legacy of Kain

SHA

Gearbox, Borderlands and Duke Nukem(opinion).

I prefer joy and fun over serious gameplay like The Witcher but I'm glad we have both.

ssringo

Gold Member
Yoko Taro + Final Fantasy - meddling from the suits = win

No One Lives Forever + ??? = I don't know who (probably none of the current big fps devs) but I really enjoyed those games and would love to see them return. Silly 60s spy stuff is my bag baby!

Dino Crisis + Capcom

Sad Lonely GIF by Pokémon

Sorcerer

I will throw this out there because I am more interested in what others think and not sure myself.

Who would be the best choice for Phantasy Star 5 if Sega has no plans to ever make it. (Sega will never make it).

Last edited:

Pejo

Mistwalker + Final Fantasy

Vanillaware + Shantae

I'd also like to see a modern dev try to take on Actraiser again. The remake art style was awful but the gameplay still holds up. I'm not sure which dev would have 3d light sim and 2d sidescrolling action game experience though. Maybe give it to Team Asobi and let them work their magic.

Skelterz

From software could 100% aid Gamefreak in making a Pokémon game, and from the above comments I’d love a fromSoft take on berserk.

Top Bottom