• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your weirdest habit?

DonJorginho

Banned
Now I think most if not all of us are guilty of having habits that whilst looking normal to us in the moment, probably make some people's eyes boggle in dismay over what we do.

My weirdest habit is on the subject of Peanut M&Ms, I will buy a bag, grab a bowl and would then take one M&M and bite off the chocolate and sugar shell outer layer then spit it into the bowl and have just the peanut inside, I'd never eat the chocolate off them, always just the peanut inside (sometimes half a peanut you stingy fucks!), I know I could but just peanuts on their own like a normal human or just eat the entire M&M like it's meant to be eaten but I just like the way those cheap sad little crusty peanuts taste for some reason.

What about you Gaffers? What are your weird habits or weird habits that someone you know has?

INC

Gold Member
I have a set number of positions i have to do whilst in bed, before I can settle and fall a sleep, this can take multiple attempts, and I have to be cold.

Actually fucking annoying tbh, I envy people who can just fall a sleep, id love to punch you in your sleep

I like lemon Starburst.

I'll do my laundry on days when I know nobody else in my apartment complex will be there.

Find a way to be late to a movie in a theater so I can avoid cringing from trailers and ads.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Pregnant women
715958.jpg

Soodanim

Find a way to be late to a movie in a theater so I can avoid cringing from trailers and ads.
That’s not weird, that’s smart (I do it too). If I’m buying my ticket before the “start” time of the film, I’m doing it wrong. You can get there about 15-20 minutes later and not have to suffer adverts.
I can only watch a tv if the volume is set to a even number
I know so many people that do this, but I’ve always preferred multiples of 5. By habit though, not compulsion. If I’m with company I’ll put it on a number ending in 1, 3, 7 or 9 for the reaction.

Last edited:

Mexen

I have a set number of positions i have to do whilst in bed, before I can settle and fall a sleep, this can take multiple attempts, and I have to be cold.

Actually fucking annoying tbh, I envy people who can just fall a sleep, id love to punch you in your sleep
Are you me??????????!!!!11111111!!!!!1!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I check my emails every night before going to bed. I think it's a leftover habit from back in the day when we use to communicate via email. Member that? I member.

200.gif

Rien

Jelly Belly
Rubbing my thumb nail against my upper lip makes me relaxed.. it’s a habit I developed when I quit thumbsucking..
Weird but I don’t think I will ever stop doing it. I sometimes use other finger nails but my thumbnail is the best.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think they’re good habits like brushing teeth, changing bed sheets, watering plants and weights if those are available and some of these “weird habits” are actually smart like price checking.

I was asked why I opened push doors the way I do the other day, and I never even noticed I did it.

I'll open them with my one hand, and once fully open, I give it two gentle taps with my other fist, like on the pinky side not a knock.

No idea how it started, or why I do it, but now that it's been pointed out to me I can't stop noticing myself doing it.

DESTROYA

I think they’re good habits like brushing teeth, changing bed sheets, watering plants and weights if those are available and some of these “weird habits” are actually smart like price checking.
How do you water weights ?
Fucking bots!

Worst weird habit is probably staying up way too late, I regularly won’t go to sleep until 3AM-4AM .
Don’t feel like I meed more sleep it’s just that I know I should probably get more , usually average about 5-6 hours a night.

I eat
boogers.

But not my own.

With a spoon.

Send your boogers at $BOOG XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX-XX.

That's not true actually.

It's just a boring sunday afternoon.

Ok, here's one weird habit : whenever I eat gratin, I hoard ALL the cheese till the very end and then have a cheese orgy.

And then I eat it.

With a fork.

Sorry. Boring sunday.

Sakura

I'm not sure if it is a habit or whatever, but I always find myself eating burgers upside down for some reason. I never noticed till a friend pointed it out to me before. Maybe it is the way I pick them up.

I have sleep issues too man. I work 9am to 11pm on Saturdays and Sundays, but I cannot fall asleep when I want to. Sometimes I will be lying in bed until like 5am, or maybe never sleep at all, then go work for 14 hours, it's terrible.
My boss a couple weeks ago though gave me some sleeping pills, and they work. I know the sleep you get from using medication isn't supposed to be as good as real sleep, but 7 hours of sleep induced by medication vs 3~ hours of real sleep? Eh, I feel better rested getting the 7 hours.

BigBooper

I'm not sure if it is a habit or whatever, but I always find myself eating burgers upside down for some reason. I never noticed till a friend pointed it out to me before. Maybe it is the way I pick them up.
I appreciate this one. I don't always eat it upside down, but I'll often flip a sandwich over if it doesn't taste quite right to see if it tastes better upside down. It works sometimes.

xrnzaaas

My weird habits were already happening before covid and they were washing hands every single time I've returned home or visited a relative's house and to avoid public transport even if the car is in the shop and the weather is shitty.

My meal plans are down to the gramm. I even weigh the vinegar that I put onto my salad.

I also absolutely loathe throwing away food and go through obscene amount of planning to avoid this.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
not sure if weird but probably and also disgusting. I have a habit of picking at my bottom lip. it all started when I was 12 and got braces on my teeth. I guess I got self conscious/embarrassed so kept raising my hand to my mouth and pulling at my lip. I did it so much the skin would dry, crack, and peel so I would pull it off.

I got my braces out at 14 I think but I still do it to this day 15 years later. sometimes when I’m pulling at the skin it just peels off no problem but sometimes I will pick at it for a good while and it really hurts to get it off and of course it will bleed and sting for a couple days.

I’ve tried to break the habit by constantly keeping my lips moisturised but not been successful! been doing it for the last almost 18 years. I think the longest I’ve gone is a week.

Raven117

Gold Member
I eat
boogers.

But not my own.

With a spoon.

Send your boogers at $BOOG XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX-XX.

That's not true actually.

It's just a boring sunday afternoon.

Ok, here's one weird habit : whenever I eat gratin, I hoard ALL the cheese till the very end and then have a cheese orgy.

And then I eat it.

With a fork.

Sorry. Boring sunday.
Go outside and get some fresh air.

Dark Star

I can only watch a tv if the volume is set to a even number

Yeah this is me. I'm kind of OCD when it comes to numbers. But they don't have to be even (just "right" in my head). Like for the TV I am fixed on increments of 5's and 10's. I don't care if it's slightly too loud or quiet, the TV is going to be either 20 or 25 percent, nothing in between lol.

Same thing with listening to music at my desk/laptop. What I don't like about iPhone is that you can't adjust volume by percentage, it's just a visual slider, and it annoys me greatly.

Even when I'm leveling up a character in Dark Souls, the stat points have to be very even looking like 25 vitality, 15 endurance, 45 strength, 40 dexterity, etc. So yeah, I grind a lot to make that happen LOL.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I clear my internet history every night.

I'm the only person that uses the computer, so I don't know why I do it. For some reason I just like a fresh start each day. Maybe it's a habit I carried over from when I used the family computer.

I also do it so I can stop myself from mindlessly browsing certain websites. It is too convenient when the websites are saved.

Arm over head when relaxing on couch. What's weird about it? My dad, my brother, my son and I all position our left arm exactly the same way. It's an unconscious thing we do and I can just imagine my wife giggling about even typing this out, she always calls it out. I'm surprised she hasn't given the move a name yet.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I put my legs up when I'm sat the desk sometimes. I only realise I'm doing it when my leg starts to go numb.

I swear I got this habit from a streamer I watch as he does it constantly. Who knows. It's a very bad habit, I'm trying to be more aware of it and fix my posture more.

(Streamer is xQc)

pla8a73wv8e41.jpg

You would think it's uncomfortable just looking at it, but it's actually not.

Ikutachi

I clear my internet history every night.

I'm the only person that uses the computer, so I don't know why I do it. For some reason I just like a fresh start each day. Maybe it's a habit I carried over from when I used the family computer.

I also do it so I can stop myself from mindlessly browsing certain websites. It is too convenient when the websites are saved.
A burglar breaking in and taking your computer won't find weird shit on it.

Clarissa

Banned
If someone has nostril hair sticking out their nose when I'm talking to them, I'll stare at the nostril hair.

I also check for nostril hair when I meet people for the first time.

When someone I'm talking to is lying down facing up, that's my cue to zoom in on their nose to check for nostril hair.

I think my mild fear of nostril hair started when I was 14 years old in school and one of my male classmate plucked out his nose hair and it was really long

Clarissa - OMG WTF IS THAT???

Classmate - My nostril hair. It's sooo long!!

Clarissa - EEEEWWW!! YUCK!!

*stupid piece of shit starting chasing me all over the school with his nostril hair* :messenger_persevering::messenger_persevering::messenger_persevering:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
If someone has nostril hair sticking out their nose when I'm talking to them, I'll stare at the nostril hair.

When someone I'm talking to is lying down facing up, that's my cue to zoom in on their nose to check for nostril hair.

I think my mild fear of nostril hair started when I was 14 years old in school and one of my male classmate plucked out his nose hair and it was really long

*stupid piece of shit starting chasing me all over the school with his nostril hair* :messenger_persevering::messenger_persevering::messenger_persevering:
I do something similar with my dad, sometimes he has some external hairs on the point of the nose and i have to rip them out with a tweezer.
He talk with clients at work and he doesn't care so i have to care, lol...

SafeOrAlone

Banned

As natural as this quirk is, it feels super invasive. I hate the idea of someone examining me like this while we're just having a conversation, as human as it is.

That said, one of my old girlfriends had...I guess more nostril hair than I'd expect? Tbh not sure what I'd expect, but I noticed it. It's not like it stuck out, I could just see it in there and I remember thinking about it unpleasantly.

Last edited by a moderator:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I've bitten my nails for over a decade now. Never even considered it when I was a kid, so I have no idea how that habit formed.

Top Bottom