• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why AMD’s Bad Benchmarks Are BAD! Investigating The Lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Hammer on Box had always been top tier for calling out shit like this. They where one of the few places that called for caution when everyone was going nuts over the capacitors on RTX 3080's. Turned out they where right too.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Indeed, this is poor behavior on AMD's part. Given that Intel had thousands of its benchmarks invalidated by the SPEC back in February, for cheating, AMD should really know better.

P/E ratio is really big on amd, so there is a ton of risk.

In other news... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

winjer

H2IoH6J.png

Mithos

I guess the "wrong" way of testing is more helpful for me since I'll never have a 7800x3d and rtx 4090...

I don't need to know how a 7800x3d + rtx 4090 performs in games.
I need to know what GPU I should use for my meager 3800x and when a "better" gpu will not help giving any higher fps.

And I want that info placed right in front of me without having to extrapolate things from hardware I don't have or never will have.

winjer

I guess the "wrong" way of testing is more helpful for me since I'll never have a 7800x3d and rtx 4090...

I don't need to know how a 7800x3d + rtx 4090 performs in games.
I need to know what GPU I should use for my meager 3800x and when a "better" gpu will not help giving any higher fps.

And I want that info placed right in front of me without having to extrapolate things from hardware I don't have or never will have.

But that way, you are just benchmarking the GPU. Which is what AMD did here, by using a 6600.

Buggy Loop

In other news... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Oh yeah, a stock website contributor, wow

Reading his list of articles and it's basically SELL BEFORE THEY CRASH & BURN every few days.

As if these peoples have your interest in mind, they're propaganda channels in the pockets of hedge funds. When they scream to sell, it's because they want to buy in at a lower price. It's almost always reverse psychology with these peoples.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom